Chapter 16

Hello, lovely people! Miss me? ;p I sorry this took SO long. Its just that this month has been so incredibly stressful. My daughter, Amelia Rose, is turning 1 on the 18th and her party is on the 21st, so I have been putting all of my time/energy/effort into planning her party. Anyway, I stayed up WAY past my bedtime to do this for you guys. (Well, I don't really have a bed time, but I do have to wake up super early for work)Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it. Don't forget to vote and comment, and if you aren't already, follow me. :) I am going to so tired at work tomorrow, but I really wanted to get this updated for you guys.

~Dear Diary, It's been about a week since what happened with the note. Vincent is so good at acting like there is nothing between us. It's like he just looks right through me without any emotion what so ever. It hasn't been so easy for me, though. My stomach is in knots and my nerves are making me sick! It's terrible. One of the worst feelings ever.~

    "Hey, Arie!" Meg called out for me in the cafeteria.

    I was walking to our table with my tray and I turned to see her walking faster to catch up to me.

    "Hey," I said, trying to act fine, but she gave me a knowing look. Meg could see straight through my façade.

    "My mom is spending the weekend with your dad, so I was going to invite Ellie and Kristen over tonight for a Girl's Night. You should join us. Maybe it'll help take your mind off of you-know-who." She nudged me with her elbow as she whispered the last part.

    "I- I don't know," I tried to protest, but she leaned against me, batting her eyes.

    "Pleeeease!" She begged.

    I sighed and reluctantly agreed. "Ok."

    "Yes! Haha!" She cheered enenthusiastically. "So, are you girls down for a girl's night?" She asked as we sat down and was answered with excitement. 

    "Oh yes!" Ellie seemed the most excited as she practically jumped I her seat.

    Kristen just smiled. "It feels like it's been ages since we had one."

    "We'll have to make this one the best ever," Meg said, grinning at me. "This is Arie's first one."

    "Oh my gosh! You are gonna have a blast," Ellie gushed.

     "I can't wait," I said, smiling at my friends.

    "So, what's this girl's night thing?" I asked Meg on the way home.

    "Basically we all just hang out and have fun," she answered. "Sometimes, maybe a little too much." She added. "We have drinks and just talk, do hair, nails, and make-up, and play games."

    "Oh. What kinda games," I asked.

    "Different things," she answered. "Although, usually they involve drinking. For tonight, I was thinking truth or shot." She paused for a moment and looked at me. "You don't have to drink though, if you don't want..."

    "Sounds fun," I said, cutting her off. "Maybe it'll help me forget about what is going on right now."

   "I think it will," she said as we pulled into the apartments.

    As we got out of the car, I saw Vincent getting out of his car. I felt an instant, sharp pain in my heart as our eyes met, and as usual he seemed totally unfazed. Ugh. I could use a drink about now.

    I tried to hold myself together as Meg and I walked into her apartment, but I fell apart the minute we walked through the door.

    "Meg, I can't do this," I cried as I slid my back down the closed door until I was sitting on the floor.