Chapter 21

Aaaaand...here is Chapter 21. This chapter is dedicated to OneOfTheSelected. If you could check out her story "She is Such a Witch" that would be awesome. It's a great story I think and she updates every Sunday.

Anyway, here is the chapter.

~Vote~

~Comment~

~Enjoy~

Everything seemed to stop when I told him. It was quiet. The silence was deafening to say the least.

"Vincent..." I said slowly and quietly, breaking the silence. "Vincent, p- please say som..."

"Leave." he said sharply.

The single word pierced through my heart like a knife.

"Vin..." I started to plea, but he cut me off.

"Leave!" He repeated, only louder this time.

Clenching my fists, I pulled myself together. I stood up and took a good look at his face before turning to leave. His expression was unreadable. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or how he felt about anything. He didn't even bother to look at me as I took a deep breath and turned around. Just as I reached for the door knob, I could hear him mumble something, but I couldn't make out what it was he said.

I single tear escaped my left eye as I turned the door knob. Once I was safely outside and the door shut behind me, I let it all out. I burst into full on tears as I put my back against the door and slowly made my way down until I was sitting on the ground.

I took my journal and a pen from my bag that I had on my shoulder and began to write.

Dear Diary, I told him! I told Vincent about the baby! Now I am afraid that he doesn't want me or his child. I don't know what to do! There is no way that I could take care of this baby or carry it on my own and abortion is completely out of the question. I won't do it. Not even if he says he will take me back! Diary, I feel so lost and so torn!

I stopped writing when I realized that my tears were soaking the page. After I closed the journal and put it away, all I could do was cry. I'm not sure what happened after that. I just remember everything going blurry and then nothing, until I woke up.

Vincent's POV

"Vincent, I'm pregnant," she whispered softly in my ear.

The moment I heard the "P" word come out of her mouth I was in complete shock. Everything turned quiet. So quiet you could have heard a pin drop. Her words repeated over and over in my mind. I could see her mouth moving, but I was in such a state of shock that I couldn't hear a word she said.

"Leave," I said, trying my best to be calm. I didn't want her to notice the panic I was feeling. Her lips moved again and again I couldn't hear what she said- even though she was only inches away from my face. "Leave," I said again, a little louder and more demanding.

She looked at me in shock and stood up. Even though I looked away from her, I knew she was looking at me- trying to read me- which is why I wouldn't look at her. I didn't want her to see.

"I still love you, Chérie," I barely mumbled as she made her way to the door. "This doesn't change a thing." She didn't look at me or respond and I wondered if she had even heard me.

An hour had passed since she left. As soon as she had closed the door, I ran my fingers through my hair. I paced. I drank. I thought. Finally, I splashed a bit of could water on my face and cleared my mind.

Why am I so worried, I asked myself. Like I had said earlier, this doesn't change a thing. I love her- and that's what matters. She IS pregnant, but that is not HER fault. It takes two to tango. I kept thinking and I felt a sudden rush of guilt as I realized just how harshly I had spoke to her before and how it must have made her feel.