Chapter 23

As promised. :) here is a little update. Sorry it's so short.

All I could do was cry as Vincent held me in his arms. How could my dad act like this. After all Vincent has helped me through! I was furious! I thought he would understand or at least be a little bit more acceptive of the situation.

I could feel the anger and hurt welling inside me, then I realized that what was welling up was actually the little bit of dinner I ate. I quickly held my hands to my mouth and Vincent gave me a knowing look. He got up from the couch and within a split second he had returned with a bucket for me. My hair was pulled up in a bun as usual and as usual I had my long strands hanging from the sides. Vincent took a clip and clipped them while I had my head hung over the bucket.

For a moment I forgot about how I was feeling and I smiled briefly as I thought about my bucket-bringing, hair-clipping Prince Charming. If no one else, I knew I always had him. A loud knock on the door though brought me back to reality. I cringed as I recognized the way the person knocked. Vincent got up and marched to the door, opening it furiously.

"If you think that you can come to my home and talk to me OR Arielle the way you did at dinner then..." he barked at my dad.

"I'm sorry," my dad suddenly apologized. It was calm, unlike he had been about half an hour ago. And sincere. "May I come in, please?"

Vincent still looked like he was ready to bite his head off, but he stepped aside and opened the door further and my dad walked in cautiously, looking dead at me.

"If you came here to..." Vincent started to warn him.

"I owe you an apology, Arielle," he said, not listening to a word Vincent was saying. "I'm sorry for the way I reacted. It's just that I was so shocked and I didn't know what to say. I THOUGHT that I should have been angry. I was irrational and didn't bother to think how you felt. You are my whole world and I would never try to hurt you. I love you Arielle. And I am SO proud of you." He smiled and turned to Vincent. "AND I'm proud of you too, Vincent."

Vincent didn't smile, but his expression did soften a little. My dad held out his hand and cautiously Vincent shook it. Meanwhile, I was vomiting into the bucket. As gross as I felt I probably was, my dad still leaned down and kissed my head.

"Come home when you feel like it," he said. He looked at Vincent one last time and nodded before leaving.

"He meant it," I said after my dad had left. "Every word."

Vincent sat back down beside me and rubbed my back as I began dry heaving and vomiting bile.

"I know," he said. "But I'm still angry," was the last thing I remembered hearing him say.

After all that happened, being upset and being so sick, I was completely drained. I don't know if I just fell asleep or if I actually fainted, all I remember was waking up in my bed at home.

When I woke up, I could hear faint voices talking. I looked around my room, but I was alone. I figured, the voices seemed too far away to be coming from in here.

I got out of bed and stepped out of my room. When I looked down the stairs to the kitchen table I was shocked to see my dad and Vincent sitting at the table. They were sitting across from each other, drinking coffee and talking calmly to one another. They didn't even look mad anymore. More like good friends having a late night conversation.

I let myself smile. I must say- I was glad they were getting along again.

"What are you guys talking about," I asked them as I descended the stairs that led to the kitchen.

"Nothing in particular, honey," my dad said with a smile. "You should really get back to bed. You need some rest."

I sighed in frustration. I knew they were talking about something and they didn't want me to know. I decided not to push it. I wanted to know, but my dad was right, I did need rest. I still felt weak from being so sick earlier. I groaned and turned to walk back up the stairs. About midway up though, my weak legs gave out and again the world went dark.

----------------------

This isn't really the whole chapter. I had a few more paragraphs but I stopped here because it went into a different POV after this.

Did you guys enjoy it? Let me know. :)

I'll update sooner next time.

Oh. BTW. Her symptoms that I describe are exactly what I had. It was SO awful and last until the day I had my daughter. The constant vomiting was worse than the giving birth. Lol. But I would totally go through it again! It was very much worth it in the end. :D