Chapter Six

Phyllis’ POV:

I am bored. I am bored. I am bored. I am bored. I am bored. I am bored.

The stupid phrase had ran through my brain for at least ten minutes now. I had to try to think of something else. I hit my head angrily-stupid brain!

I am SUPER bored! I am SUPER bored! I am SUPER bored! I am SUPER bored!

Grrr … great now my apparently over-perky brain hates me. Just. Darn. Great.

I needed to do something to get me out of my funk. Today I had originally planned to try to escape from this stupid school, but due to my lack of daily necessary caffeine- I was totally out of energy, to do anything.

I raised up my hand half-heartedly, pushing my other energy deprived hand back though my hair.

The current teacher raised an eyebrow as she looked at me. Mrs..Brown? Mrs…Sawyer? I didn’t remember her name, but I recognised the symptoms of a bored teacher on her face. She knew the class wasn’t paying attention, and she continued teaching instead of trying to get the class’s attention. Not bad for a teacher-at least she was trying…. I guess.

“Yes, Phyllis?” She asked patiently, a fake smile on her lips.

“Erm…” Wait. Why did I even raise up my hand again? I didn’t even know what class I was currently taking! Geography, Literature, Physics, or Math?? Damn it.

“We’re waiting, Phyllis,” She said with a typical frown as she impatiently folded her arms into her scratchy-looking polyester blouse.

I sneaked a peek at the board. It was covered in numbers-okay, good sign that I was in Math class. “Erm.. Eighteen?” I asked, smiling sweetly in hope that nothing would happen for my sudden spontaneous randomness.

I waited for her to explode in anger. “God please don’t make her punish me by making me go for remedial math classes” I pleaded inside my head.

Surprisingly, a warm, friendly grin appeared on her face. Wow, I sure didn’t expect that to happen. “No,” she said slowly, “That’s not the correct answer.” I totally saw that one coming. “But.. that’s a very common mistake that students make, that’s why you got eighteen instead of the answer, twenty five!” She said, gesturing to some weird symbols on the board, “But good try though!” Wow. I sat up straighter, and flashed a smile, nodding intelligently at whatever she was saying. I seriously hoped that the image I was portraying was good studious student, because I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about.