Chapter One

Story Cover by the talented xvanakx 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

Phyllis' POV:

"Omigosh!" Nicole continued filling me up on her latest crush while fanning herself with her French manicured hand, "Phyllis, he's just SO hot and also so talented and he's so tall and his blue eyes are so crush-able on!" Okay, Nicole was fully in new crush mode admiring status now. She couldn't even stop talking about her new crush long enough to realise that my eyes were slowly glazing over. Okay, meet Nicole, my bff, I love her and all, but sometimes she seriously gets me in trouble with all her crazy schemes to meet her new crushes. Which would also explain the reason why I was currently in a MMA match stadium with her-her new crush was a wrestler.

 She was also the reason why I was being sent away to Brown Woods Hollow academy, the most well known delinquent school for the rich and famous. You see, me and Nicole were like sisters, and whenever her new crushes rejected her, and broke her heart, and later even DARED to try and hook up with me (!) I would kick their sorry asses. Luckily for those guys, Nicole changed crushes every few days, or else you can bet that sooner or later they would end up in the ICU unit of the hospital.

As the commentator announced the next match which would commence in a few minutes, he said "The next two opponents will be the wrestling machine versus the grave." When she heard her crush's name being called, Nicole gave out a high pitched squeal of delight, earning her curious looks from onlookers. I smiled slightly - I bet all those people were wondering what two girls were doing at a place like this. But my smile didn't last long. Why? Because Nicole had decided to once again educate me on every stat of her crush's wrestling status. Sigh.

Just then, the commentator announced "Ladies and Gentlemen tonight we have a special section of today's match. Anyone is welcome to try to beat the Wrestling Machine! Whoever wins him is offered a place on our team and of course, attractive prices! So would anyone dare try to beat him?" Suddenly, the entire place was silent, literally- you could even hear the cricket. I smirked inwardly and thought "What a bunch of wimps. All they knew how to do was to scream "Yeah, Man! CRUSH him!" but when given the chance to actually do it, no one was volunteering."

Meanwhile, the commentator was getting anxious- it seemed he had not expected the lack of people wanting to get beaten up by the wrestling machine. He continued saying "Is anyone brave enough to take up the challenge?" Man, it was getting really noisy and distracting in here- between the commentator shouting into the loud microphone and Nicole's going on about how hot her crush was, I couldn't stand it anymore.  "Hey Nic, "I said, an idea slowly forming in my mind, "Didn't you just buy a top today at the mall?" "Yeah, "Nicole replied slowly, digging in her bag to bring out a plain white cropped t-shirt, "Why?" "If I got your wrestling crush to sign and autograph this for you, can we get out of here?" Nicole looked curious, but she eagerly replied, "Of course! But how? All the backstage passes for today are sold out, I checked already beforehand." Okay, her reply was just what I needed.

I took her t-shirt from her, with a "I'll return it to you after" and stood up from my seat and yelled "ME!" to the now desperate commentator. Suddenly, a huge spotlight swung onto me, and started guiding me down the stairs (I was way on the top row) I dug in my new chocolate brown leather bag to take out my new Greek style gladiator shades and put them on to shield myself from the glaring light.( What? UV Rays were harmful you know!) and slowly climbed down the stairs. I could hear buzzing all over the crowd, mostly gasps of unbelief that a girl was going to challenge the wrestling machine. A smirk twitched on my face-these people didn't believe me? Well, they would see... I heard the now enthusiastic commentator asking "Would anyone want to help this lovely lady with this challenge?"  It was ironic, in a way. Because later, I wasn't the one who was going to need help. No, the "wrestling machine" was the one who was going to need help after I was done with him.