Chapter 10

*3 weeks later*

Amiya

I got out of my car, just to be greeted with the presence of August. Yay! Just my luck. He stood in front of the door. I motioned for him to move and he did. I got out and adjusted my shades.

For the past 2 weeks, Mr. Alsina has been trying to apologize. I just refuse to accept the fact that he killed someone. Especially not my bestfriend.

I shut and locked my car door then brushed pass August. Everything he saying going in one ear and out the other.

August: "Amiya, seriously? You are acting like you ain't lie. Yo lie is worse than mine. You lied about yo virginity and you set me up! You could at least let me apologize."

I unlocked my door then faced him.

Me: "A lie doesn't compare to you killing someone."

August: "But it's still a sin. You cant judge me because I sin differently from you."

Me: "I didn't judge you. I just simply removed negativity from my life. And you my dear, are negative."

August: "Wow.. You really believe that?" I hesitantly nodded. "*scoffs* no you don't. If you can look me in my eye and say I've brought negativity to yo life, then I'll walk away and never look back."

I rolled my eyes and parted my lips to speak but the wrong words came out.

Me: "Why you do it?" He sighed. "Tell me why and I might forgive you."

August: "Can I come in? Ion want folk in my business." I looked around then sucked my teeth.

I opened my door and walked in. He followed behind and shut the door. I went into the living room and sat down, running my hand through my hair. I took my shades off and he looked at me.

August: "I like the short hair on you. Fits your face." I crossed my arms. "He had a lot to do with my brothers death. Why? I don't know. I was going to find that out. I wasn't even looking for trouble. I was calm. I asked him why and he started snapping on me. So I snapped back. He pulled a gun on me but I ain't think he was crazy enough to use it. Since I stay strapped, I pulled a gun out on him too. Then two other niggas ran in and put guns to my head. He started yelling put my gun down. I shot him not caring if I was to die. I shot him once in his thigh. I'm not stupid, I wasn't tryna kill him. I didn't hit no bone or nothing. The two dudes, pulled the trigger but nothing happened, so they ran off. I knocked his gun out his hand and asked him why again. I still never got an answer. I wasn't gone let bruh die, cause I know how it feel to lose somebody and plus I had already killed the killer, I just wanted to know the brains behind the scene. So I took him to the hospital.. But he bled out. So I made it look like it was a suicide."

I felt light headed. I felt nauseous. I got up and walked to the trash can. I threw up and August held my hair back. I felt a blood clot come out my nose, and tears stream down my face. I stopped throwing up and threw my head back.

August: "What the hell?" He got me a paper towel.

I felt chills, but broke out in sweat. I was cold but really hot. I felt.. Dizzy.

August: "Miya." I blinked, tryna clear my vision.

My eyes got heavier and heavier, before they shut completely.