Chapter 8

August

I opened the door, relieving Amiya. I looked her up and down and scoffed. It's been a week since our blowup shit. As soon as she turned around, I realized how pissed I was. It was her fault. She lied to me. She set me up and I fell for her bullshit.

Amiya: "Good morning. Uh... If you wouldn't mind.. I would really appreciate if you came to the award show.. For like support. If you don't, I understand. Um, that's your ticket."

She extended her hand and I took the ticket.

Amiya: "August, I'm sor-" I shut the door in her face, locked it and when upstairs.

Katrina: "Who was that baby?" She asked in a sleepy voice.

I sat the ticket on the desk and slid back into bed.

Me: "Nobody important." I said pulling her to me.

She snuggled into my chest and dosed back off. I took a deep breath, shutting my eyes.

Amiya

Me: "He's still mad at me.." I said laying my head in Kylie's lap.

Kylie: "Maybe.. You should just let him be mad.."

I sniffed, as she caressed my head. I just silently let my eyes soak her leg.

--

I woke up to an empty house. I sat up on the couch, yawned and looked at the time on the cable box. I sighed and got up. I walked upstairs and got in my bed. I feel so empty inside.

I found myself, looking at old text messages from August. I smiled, reminiscing. I got pulled outta my thoughts, hearing my phone ring. I answered and put it to my ear.

Me: "Hello?"

Marilyn: "Baby, where are you?!" She sounded scared.

Me: "I'm home. Why?"

Marilyn: "Come to the hospital!"

Me: "Who's in the hospital?"

Marilyn: "Amir."

I rolled my eyes, he prolly wasn't even hurt foreal. He was probably using mom as a way to lower me in. Like he used me to lower August in. I decided to go anyway. I pulled up at the hospital and got out. I met my mom at the front and she took me to his room.

Me: "What's wrong with him?"

Marilyn: "Your brother is a wild child. He placed a bet on the car show. The guy he bet against, lost and Amir was rubbing it in. They fought.. And the guy put Amir on his neck." She said looking at him through the glass.

Me: "Oh my god, is he okay?!" She sighed.

Marilyn: "I don't know baby."

I frowned, stepping inside his room. I looked at all of the wires and the neck brace around his neck. His face was swollen and stitched up. My dad walked to me, kissed my forehead, then walked out. I took steps til I got to his bed side. I sat down and grabbed his hand.