Chapter 9

Amiya

I woke up in a cold sweat, jumping up. I looked over noticing Aug wasn't there. I got up and put on my college sweater and some shorts. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun then went to brush my teeth. I feel like I've done this before. I went downstairs and go to the kitchen. I frowned, seeing August was cooking. I walked behind him and leaned against the island.

August: "Good morning baby, how was your sleep?"

Me: ".... Baby?" I asked a little confused.

August: "That's what I said." He faced me and kissed me.

Me: "But last night you said you were-"

August: "I know but you kinda persuaded me last night." He bit his lip and squeeze my butt.

Me: "But I was really... Bitchy toward you last night."

August: "You okay?" He asked with a brow raised.

Me: "What happened last night?"

August: "You don't remember?"

Me: "I think we remember totally different things. Just tell me what happened."

August: "Uh okay, we chilled for a while then we talked about... Being together, then we fucked.. You don't remember that?" I took a sigh of relief.

If that's the last thing he remembers.. Then I had to have been dreaming. But just to be on the safe side.

Me: "So you haven't been mad with me lately?"

August: "Nah, why?"

Me: "Oh thank god." I paused, knowing I should come clean. "It's some things.. We should talk about."

August: "Wassup?" I bit down on my lip.

Me: "*clears throat* um okay, I had a dream that I don't want to come true so ima tell you the truth. And I need you to just please listen and take it in before you say anything."

August: "I'm listening."

Me: "First.. I know I should have said something a head of time, but I'm a virgin... Or was." I started. "And I um... I basically set you up. Well, I was forced. My brother, Amir or King.. The drug dealer, has something against you and he asked me to kinda get into your head.. And try to make you get outta the way. And I didn't want to but then he got my dad involved and I couldn't say no." I searched his face for an emotion, but got nothing. "Um... I couldn't do it tho, I asked you out and lied about a few things but after our date... I swear everything was real. In my dream, he had used me to get you to his warehouse. He was gonna kill you but I begged him not too. Then.. A couple days later, he was in the hospital for fighting. The guy he fought... Put him on his neck and the next night he died. And I turned to you.. I don't want that to become a reality so I'm telling you. You have every right to be mad and never talk to me again but I really hope that you will..."

He stayed silent for a good 3 minutes then continued cooking. I was about to speak again but he beat me to it.

August: "You've manipulated me."

Me: "I'm really really sorry."

August: "That's why you looked so familiar. Yo brother keeps a picture of you on his desk." He mumbled. "Ite, since you like deals so much, how about you make one with me."