Relationships, Trauma and Surgery

It had been 2 months since I asked out Arizona and it has been an amazing 2 months. No one knew we were dating and it was so nice because it was just us. I say it was just us but there was a third wheel and that was Callie.

Arizona was always talking about her I got that they had a kid together but that didn't mean every conversation was about her. I thought I was falling in love but every time I thought I was she shoved the wall that is Callie in front of me.

I was standing in front of the OR board when I saw and amazing surgery that Mer was performing today. She was taking all of a girls internal organs out to remove a tumour. She had Edwards on it but I was going to see if I could get on it.

I felt someone put their hands on my hips and I turned around to see Arizona's face and I turned around fully and took a step back.

"Hey how are you?" I say as I walk towards the nurses station.

"I missed you this morning what happened?" She says giving me her look.

"I slept here because I was in late with a massive trauma." I started walking to try and find Meredith.

"Well I was thinking we could stay in tonight you know drink a bit, eat pizza and well..."

She left it at that and I knew what she was implying then I saw Mer walking towards us.

"Oh Mer hey I was looking for you!" I sort of shout as we get closer.

"Yeah I was looking for you as well. Do you want to scrub in on my surgery today I need another attending and I thought of you."

She looked at me and then at Arizona and back at me.
"That's why I was looking for you to ask if I could scrub in." We both laughed and looked at each other.

"Ok I will see you in the OR in about 20 minutes then" Mer said that and then walked towards the OR board.

Arizona walked with me a bit more and then pulled me into an empty room.

"What the crap Arizona I need to get ready for surgery."

"Are you using this surgery to get out of tonight or what can you just tell me."

"No this is a groundbreaking surgery and I want to be a part of it. Is that ok I will be there tonight I promise you." I kiss her softly and then walked out of the room.

"Okay we are removing the organs on three." Mer looks up at me "are you ready?"

"I was born ready!" I smiled as I got hold of the the organs on the other side to her.

"Ok ready. 1... 2... 3..." We lifted the organs out of the body and put them on ice and saw the massive tumour that was inside of the body. We looked up at each other and got started removing it.

Our surgery went on for 18 hours and it was 10pm by the time we got out. Mer and I were in the scrub room when I looked at the time.

"Oh crap I am running late for something. Can you do the post op note  I will do the check up tomorrow morning." I gave her my best sad puppy dog face and I stared right at her.

"Fine go I will see you at home." I sprinted out of the scrub room and rushed to get home.

I got home and I ran up the stairs to get to the room. It was 10:30pm and I was hoping that Arizona had fallen asleep so I could sneak in without her knowing.

I opened the door slowly and saw her sat in the bed. She had pizza and beer but she was only covered by a thin sheet.

"I am so sorry I'm this late. My surgery ran long but I rushed back and I..."

"It's ok just come and join me." She patted the bed near her.

I took off my clothes slowly as I walked towards the bed and I climbed in and grabbed a slice of pizza whilst Arizona opened a beer.

We talked for about an hour about my surgery and one of the kids that she saved that was delivered 14 weeks early.

We had eaten all the pizza and drunk all of the beer when she kissed me passionately and out of nowhere. I knew from that moment what was going to happen and it was one of the best moments ever.

We were lying in bed after it all, we were both very out of breath and sweaty.

"Wow" I said panting a little bit.

"Yeah" she sounded exactly the same way I did

"That was"

"Aerobic" we both laughed and laid there.

I turned on my side so that I was looking at her laying on her back. She turned and faced me and we stared into each other's eyes and I got lost in her magical blue eyes.

I tucked a piece of her soft blond hair behind her ear and cupped her face when she leant in and kissed me softly on the lips and we had our little junior high make out session when something started beeping.

I got out of the bed and put on my robe and walked over to the chest of drawers where both our pagers were. I looked down and saw it was mine and it said 911 VIP.

"Holy crap. No, no, no."

I was rushing around so much and put on a pair of scrubs I kept at home for emergencies.

"What's wrong is it a big trauma?" Arizona questioned as she got out of the bed.

"No the chief was in the VIP wing after falling down the stairs he broke his leg and had a bleed on his spleen and now I am getting pages 911. Can you get me to the hospital because no one else is up!" I grabbed my bag and looked at her like this could be the end.

"Yeah of course lets go." In the time it had taken me to get ready and explain she was ready.

We sprinted out of the room and down the stairs to get to the hospital in time!