Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Leah

Last night was so much fun. Nan had planned to turn the court yard into an outside cinema for everyone's enjoyment. There were a load of chairs, sofas and Indian styled pillows laid on the floor. It was so much fun and they played one of my favour movies Funny Girl, Nan so did that on purpose.

It was great fun but I kept thinking about what Chris and Jess where up to. I have to stop doing this to myself I'm only going to get hurt in the end.

I had a long day today looking after the kids, the water fight with Chris which was the best fun I've ever had until Jess turned up and I suddenly felt guilty for the moment because in that moment I forgot that he was my boss and dating my sister but just thought how much I loved him.

When the film finished I went for a walk because I was still wide awake from thinking too much and every time I watch a musical I wish that life was really like one where everyone just bursts out into song. I started humming one of the songs from the movie, don't rain on my parade. I love this song. I was walking through the hedges when I heard someone talking, two people on the other side of the hedge.

"Who does Leah think she is showing up after what she did?" that voice belonged to none other than Jess. I knew she hated me more than anyone else in the world but I never knew why. I looked around the corner of the tree hiding from which I saw, Jess and Chris. I don't know why I'm shocked that they're together but I still don't like seeing them both alone. I continued listening to what she was saying.

"She's evil Chris, she lets you think that she's all good and innocent but she's not she plays with people's minds until she gets what she wants. Honestly Chris, don't listen to her lies" she said. After years of Jess saying mean things to me I stopped getting hurt but I felt different when she was saying them things to Chris. I don't want him to believe any of what she was saying. I didn't want him thinking badly of me that's why I told him everything about my family so he could understand.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she had a little crush on you, with the way she runs around after you like a dog, she most likely thinks she's in love with you" she said. Oh no! Oh god please don't let him believe her. I didn't want him knowing I loved him. This would ruin everything!

"Stop it, Jessica She's your sister how could you say them things about her" he said my heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to faint.

"Have you not noticed it? The way she looks at you, how she always goes red when you look at her and the fact that she would do anything to be in my shoes because I get to have you all to myself... in bed" she said before she started kissing him. I felt my heart drop and break into little bits of sand...

I remember when I found out that Chris and Jess where together I thought I was heartbroken but now... seeing them together. It was more real than ever before. They must be happy together and I couldn't be near them without wanting to cry and scream 'I want him! I love him' God I'm stupid.

From now on I'm going to stop looking out at what I can't have and try and find my own happiness.

If I can.

I woke up the next morning feeling like a zombie and when I looked in the mirror I looked like one. I was pale and my hair looked like a haystack and my eyes were all puffy and red from crying last night. So this is the first morning of the rest of my life. I could either go back to bed and except my Zombieness forever or get in the shower and start stage one of getting over Chris.

Going back to bed did look promising...

No! I'm having a shower and I'm going to start being happy for Chris and Jess relationship. And start re-thinking my own future and love life.