Chapter Five

Craig-

Wait for me?... Yes, Ray, I will wait for you.

My mom came into my room, waking me up for school. She kissed my forehead, then rubbed the kissing mark in, deep into my skin.

"Get up Jr." She said gently rubbing her hand in my little messy hair. I sat up and she smiled. "Come down whenever you're ready." She said, walking out of the door. I got up, putting my outfit on. I ran down the hall, happier than I've ever been.

"Bye mom, see you after school." I walk out the house with my red man purse. I took a deep breath, smelling the fresh air. I took a step off the porch and then I look noticed Ray. He was gawking at me. I mean of course right. I am beautiful.

I smiled and looked down. He began walking over to me, so I met him halfway. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to skip school and sneak up in my room when my mom leaves for work, so we could have loads of fun, but he cut me off.

His bus pulled up and he walked over to it, I sighed and grip the strap on my man purse, walking towards my school. Its just a couple blocks from here.

"Hey, fairy." The straight boys greeted me as I walked into the building. Really? They couldn't come up with another, better insult? I mean calling me a fairy isn't going to make me cry. It doesn't hurt my feelings. But I wish people would get over the fact that I'm gay. I've only been out for a couple months, and there's plenty of closeted people who also go here.

People should appreciate what I'm doing. I came out the fucking closet. I told everyone, they should look up to me. All the gays should reunite and stick up for each other. Sadly they are all pussies. I am the bravest black, gay guy ever! Well at least at this school. I had a friend who was also gay, a scared gay, I should say. That's what caused us our friendship.

Trevor was his name.

He's a football player, all the girls drool over him, not knowing he will never be interested in any of them, but he'll never come out. He said he was, but he didn't. I remember when I let everyone know, I told Trevor I was going to announce it to everyone and he said he was going to as well.

He and I talked about us. I was thinking about asking him out that day, that day I told everyone, that day I lost my best friend and my first love...

Flashback

I grabbed my bag and an apple. I kissed my mom on the cheek while she was sitting on the couch reading the morning newspaper and sipping coffee as I ran out, "Craig.." She called out. I stopped in my tracks and faced her.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Why are you in such a rush this morning? You hate waking up in the morning and going to school?"

"Mom, listen, I'm ready to come out to the school. I feel it in my heart, I can't keep pretending to be something I'm not and that's straight."

"Oh dear, are you sure? Let me wake up your father so we can talk this out."

"Ma' don't worry, everything is going to be fine, my best friend Trevor is also gay, we are both going to tell everyone; together." I cheesed, biting on my lip. I was so excited. But I was oh so wrong.

"Awe okay sweetie, if anything happens, call me and I'll come to pick you up."

"Everything is going to be fine, bye mom."

I wish I was right about that.

I walked outside feeling the fresh breeze on my face. Strolling up to school. I was greeted by the whole cheerleading team. I chucked, they have no clue, but they will today.