Chapter Eleven: Explanations

Začít od začátku

I re-lived the terror until the ride finally ended.

I stumbled off the ride feeling nauseated.

No more roller coasters for me tonight. I should ride something more settle.

I walked over to the big Ferris Wheel that was in the middle of the park.

The Ferris Wheel was lit up with a ton of little lightbulbs. Each car that held people in it was colored different. It looked fun. And less nauseating.

I walked through the line and waited for my turn to enter a car.

A bright happy yellow colored car stopped and the guy running the ride motioned for me to get on.

I sat down on the cushiony seats. Just as the guy was about to close the door of the car, someone jumped into the car with me.

It was Jack.

Just as I was going to protest for the guy to stop, he closed the doors and started the ride.

I glared at Jack.

I can't believe that he is hijacking my fun.

"Kendall. Will you let me explain?", He asked.

I continue to glare at him.

"I brought food.", Jack says holding up a brown paper bag full of something that smells delicious.

As if food would change my mind.

But then again, I was really hungry.

I took the bag out of his hands and looked inside.

Hotdogs. The way to a women's heart.

"Go on.", I say taking a big bite out of one of the ten hotdogs in the bag.

Jack smiles.

"I'm really sorry about Will. And before I tell you anything, promise me you will listen until I'm done.", Jack says.

I shrug. "Okay.", I say, moving on to my second hotdog.

It couldn't be that bad, could it?

"Okay. So my dad used to run this big business in Arland and we had a lot of money and everything was really nice. And Arthur Farnsworth, Will's dad, worked for my dad. They were pretty good friends too. One day my dad caught Arthur buying drugs from a dealer in the alley next to the business building. So my dad fired him and threatened to tell the police about it if he didn't stop. Arthur told him that his business would be ruined if he told and said that my dad had no power over what he did. So my dad told the police and they got in a big lawsuit about it. Somehow Arthur won and sued my dad for a lot of money. My dad lost his job and Arthur took over.", Jack said with a frown.

I unraveled my sixth hotdog, and continued to listen.

"So we moved to Curmouth and my dad got a small accounting job. Arthur ruined my dads wonderful life. Ever since then, Will was really awful to me. He made sure no one was my friend and that my life was awful. He hated me, and I guess it was because of my dad. And the thing that Will was talking about, you see...", Jack paused.

He looked uneasy. As if he was going to back out, and not tell me anything.

"Go on.", I said impatiently while devouring my eighth hotdog.

"I'm not rich.", He said finally.

"So?", I say.

"I saw your house and how big it is. I'm not in your league. I pretended to be wealthy. That Mercedes is my cousins. I borrowed it. And I really wish I was good enough for you but-"