Chapter Thirteen: Play Time

Start from the beginning

“Hey.” Trick says with a smile. “How are you today Amethyst?”

I look up and meet his eyes as I smile politely. “Good. Yourself?”

“Yeah. I’m alright.” He mutters as he glances toward the living room doorway. “Hey Tess. We’re in the living room.” He calls out just as I hear the front door open.

I look over at him. “How’d you know it was her?”

He grins at me. “I could hear someone coming, and then I could smell Tess. Though she smells like she’s part of the pack now.”

After a few seconds Tessa appears in the doorway. But the smile on her face drops as she freezes a step into the room. I furrow my brows as I watch her face expression turn too horrified. “No. Please no.” She says as she stares at Drew.

I look at Drew for a second as I take in his surprised expression then back to Tessa. “Tess what’s wrong?” Nate asks as he stands up.

Oh, my god. I think to myself as it clicks. I jump up from my spot and push past Nate reaching Tessa I wrap my arms around her and start moving out of the room. “I’ve got her.” I yell over my shoulder as I slam the front door behind me.

Tessa takes in a big shuddering breath as I move us across the grassed area towards the edge of the forest. Once we reach the edge I sit her down under the trees holding her to me as I gently rub her arm.

After sitting in the same position for about an hour, I literally can’t feel my ass anymore. It went to sleep ages ago. But I continue holding Tessa to me as she slowly gets over the shock. After a couple more minutes she sits up and turns toward me.

“Thank you.” She says in a soft voice as she wraps her arms around herself.

“No problem. Do you want to talk about it?” I ask, waiting for her to decline and change the subject.

But I smile gently when she takes in a breath and meets my eyes. “Drew’s my mate. But I’m not ready for that yet. Not right now. Maybe not ever.” She says in a rush. “But I don’t want to hurt him, and because he’s going to be the next Beta. We’ll have to mate soon. And I just don’t think I’ll ever be ready or willing again.” She finishes as she wipes away her tears.

“I don’t blame you.” I say honestly. “But maybe you should just go slow. Talk to Drew about it. I’m sure he’ll understand, so will your brothers and pretty much this whole pack.” I give her a reassuring smile.

“Maybe.” She mumbles looking away.

We just sit in silence for a while as neither of us speak, just enjoying having the company of the other. But when Tessa turns back to look at me she has a determined glint in her eye which has me worried.

“I’ll deal with that later. For now I feel like going for a run.” She stands up. “How about you?” She asks looking down at me.

I jump to my feet instantly. “I’ve been hanging out for one all day.” I say as I feel my wolf jumping for joy.

Tessa’s grin widens as she doesn’t even bother to take her clothes off. She just changes pieces of her clothing falls to the floor around her. I laugh as I allow the change to come over me too. My body morphing into that of my wolf with its beautiful black fur with silver shimmers.

Tessa turns toward the forest and bounds off into the trees; I follow a second after my tongue hanging out of my mouth as my wolf partially takes over. Which I’m fine with because she was the one who originally wanted to run.

Running through the trees I allow the wind the blow threw my fur like fingers caressing the strands. I quickly catch up with Tessa and we continue forward running side by side. Dodging the oncoming trees, fallen branches and other things that litter the ground, I watch Tessa from the corner of my eye keeping any eye on her just in case she changed direction.

We continue running through the forest for a couple of hours before deciding to head back, just as we reach the edge of the forest I leap onto Tessa and we both tumble out onto the grass area laughing wolfishly. Finally coming to a stop I slowly start to stand back up noticing the people watching us with curious expressions. But something lands on my back causing me to fall back to the ground; I turn my head so that I can see who the culprit is.

Tessa jumps off my laughing, her copper brown eyes fall of amusement as she stares at me, and I shake my head as I stand back up my wolf bigger than hers. It takes her a few seconds to realise that we are being watched. She turns in a circle carefully observing everyone who is watching us rather than doing what they were before.

She looks back at me and shrugs. I just laugh as I lay back down onto the grass stretching out on my back as I soak up some of the sun. Tessa soon lies beside me; she too stretches out on her back. Our front legs bent over but sticking up, our back legs just sticking up into the air.

I rub my back against the grass as I try to get more comfortable which earns a laugh from Tessa and she watches me. All I do is give her a wolfish grin as I turn to stare up at the sky watching the birds fly overhead. One thought running through my mind.

God, it’s so good to finally be free!

                                                                      *  *  *  *  *

Question Time:

What do you think of Nate? Curious isn't he?

Let me no your thoughts on him. Good/bad etc.