24- Lonesome by the fireplace

Marcus Pov

I didn't know what had gotten into me, what gave me the sudden urge and bravery to kiss her. I guess it was caught in the moment, as if I was supposed to. Of course I'm glad I did it, I'm even more glad she didn't get pissed at me for it.

I had just finished the video with Caspar and I was now driving back home, thinking if it was going to be awkward as soon as I stepped through those doors. Besides the kiss the only other thing that has been on my mind all day has been the baby, the baby that I was supposed to love and care for. And now its gone, just like that. In a blink of an eye. Gone. It makes me think about how precious life really is. To say I'm upset is an understatement. It was my baby for Christ Sake. Mine. And he or she is gone. Taken away from Emily and I before we ever got to hold him or her.

I had'nt really realized how much I was getting into the topic until I felt a stray tear trickle down my cheek slowly, making my usual warm cheeks, cold. That's all this life is to be honest, cold. That's all the U.K is, cold. Maybe the baby got cold, maybe that's why it died. It was used to the warm weather of Dallas. Maybe he or she didn't like me as their father.

'Shut up' A voice said in my mind as reasons of why the baby died began racing through my mind, all of which were of my fault.

'Don't blame yourself' It said.

'Its not your fault' It continued to say.

I wiped my eye quickly as I pulled up in front of my flat, my now shared flat with Emily. The flat that I would have raised my new baby in. Would have.

"Emily!" I called out when I walked into the dark and quiet flat. I heard sniffling coming from the living room. I placed my bag down gently and slipped my coat off, I walked slowly to the living room as the sniffling began to get clearer. "Emily what's wrong love" I asked knowing all to well that was a stupid question to ask. What wasn't wrong.

I bit the inside of the cheek and knelt next to her, brushing her hair from her face. I rubbed her cheeks slowly with my thumb hoping it was comforting and not annoying. She didn't answer, just stayed there. I could make out that she was curled up into a ball, with the light from the fireplace that was slowely dying out, her arms keeping her legs tight against her. I didn't continue asking her questions, I knew all she wanted was comfort, we needed comfort. We needed each other.

I swiftly lifted her up and laid down on the couch, gently laying her in front of me, but I kept my arm wrapped tightly around her so she couldn't roll off.. She didn't flinch or bother to ask what I was doing. She just let me. I played with her hair as she nuzzled into my chest and let her tears continue to fall, every few seconds a soft whimper escaping her lips. I tried not to cry, to be the strong one of the situation. But seeing her like that, confused and so vulnerable. Ruined me.

After what I believe was thirty minutes, I no longer heard heavy breathing and soft sobs. I looked over her to see her eyes closed and her faced caked with dry tears. I brushed some of her hair that was over her eyes away to the side and gently kissed her forehead.

"I-I love you" I whispered softly before leaning my head back against the couch and letting a soft sigh escape my lips before mumbling. "Too bad I'm afraid to actually tell you." I grabbed the blanket that I always left on the couch and covered ourselves with it. Slightly sliding down into a more comfortable position for the both of us. I placed one arm around her, her legs were curled so I matched mines with hers. I kept running my fingers through her hair until I had finally fallen asleep myself.

AUTHORS NOTE!

Hey guys sorry I haven't been updating!

I've been having staar tests for two weeks and I needed to focus on that.

BUT TRUST ME YOU GUYS MEAN WAY MORE TO ME.

but if I falied my dad would have killed me O.o .

So I tried to make this chapter a bit more detailed and cute :3

I hope you liked it! If you did give it a cheeky vote below ↓↓↓↓

And yes I just said cheeky!

BOOM

Haha what is wrong with me! XD

So I really liked how this chapter turned out and I am going to try to keep writing like his soooo BARE WITH ME YO.

I have been getting a lot of kik messages from you guys saying how you like my fanfic! That means a lot to me :'D

You guys are to fabulouis! XD

Haha get it! Okay.........

But seriously it means a lot :3

But it makes me feel bad because I don't update fast enough!

And if I were y'all I would hate me for not updating enough so I understand if you hate me XD

But that doesn't matter cause I LOVE YOU GUYSSSSS!!

So what up bitches! XD

Okay well that's all my swagger muffins!

Byeeeeeeeee my AMAZAYN llamacornsssss

-A xxxxxxxx