Chapter 12~ Crayons and Pencils and Paint

Chapter 12

Until this moment, I have never realized I really loved to draw, or that I was any good at it. I went into my room and just drew several plans out. I spent the majority of the day drawing and scribbling away. After hours of sitting at a desk setting out all my different designs, I realized there was something missing.

It needed color. A lot of color.

After drawing up a good dozen designs, I walk back downstairs to find Jack hunched over some man like catalogue.  I walk over to him and sit down. He continues looking down. I stay silent for a few minutes and then he finally looks up at me.

“Yeah?” He asks me.

“I, uh, need something to color with.” I tell him, stuttering, now realize how immature I sound.

He gives me a look, then smiles. “Well, I do need to go out soon. I have decided, since you are going to be living here and raising a baby, I guess I should take the fatherly instinct and build some things. I am going to build off and make the babies room, make a play set…” His voice trailed up. He looked at me, and smiled a little.

“I was also thinking, if there was something you would want, a room of some sort, I could add it on. If you wanted.” He tells me.

I think about this. I could have a room just for me. I could make it complex, paint it all. I could go crazy.

“Wow, yeah! Definitely! That would be really cool. But, uhm, how crazy can I go?” I ask him.  I laugh a little and then look at him. He is smiling.

“You can go as crazy as you want. I am going to order a contractor for the new rooms and maybe I will remodel some of the house. So, I guess if you want a specific design you should go draw it out. When I go to the store and find someone to do this for me, I will get you some stuff to color. Okay?” he asks me.

“Yeah. That sounds great.” I tell him. “Is there something you want me to do for you? Doing all this work for me, I want to do something for you.” I tell him.

He looks at me. Then looks around. “Well, I am planning on remodeling the house, taking it so it is more for us, the kid.” He starts. “And, well, if you could paint it, make it more, you know, nicer, I would really appreciate that.”

I smile at him. This sounds like it will be so much fun! “Yeah, sure, absolutely! But I will need some paints.” I tell him.

He thinks for a few seconds, then picks up his catalogue.  “What colors are you going to want?” He asks me.

“I am not sure…” I begin. “I don’t know what I am going to need.”

He nods and “mmhmms” along, not saying anything.

“Well, I have got to get going. I want to back before night time. So, I will see you when I get back.” He smiles at me and kisses my forehead and then down my neck.

“And, maybe when I get back, we can have a little fun.” He tells me. He lets me go, and walks out the door.