Chapter 9

We decided to go to the movies to watch some action flick we both really wanted to see. Cody was really excited when I suggested it since he hardly ever gets to go to the movies with all his Alpha duties and training.

If you asked me what it was about, I couldn't tell you. My mind has been on my mate and my parents ever since I dropped him off.

Strangely, he wasn't nervous to meet them. I guess he doesn't have to be since he's really my parents only chance at grandchildren.

When we walked into the kitchen where my parents were, you could say they were surprised. They know how I don't really want a mate, so me introducing them to a strange man was slightly shocking.

My mother was ecstatic. I kid you not, as soon as the word mate left my mouth, she burst into tears. My dad didn't seem as happy with his narrowed eyes and crossed arms. I was always a daddy's girl.

My mom started rambling on, on how she never thought this day was coming, how she knew I would change my mind, and then there was something about being lobsters.

It was a lot easier to leave the house than I was expecting, since my mom practically threw me out. She claimed it was so she could get to really know her son-in-law. My mate grinned at that, my father did not.

He actually pulled me aside while my mom was fawning over Jaxon like a fangirl. "Want me to get rid of this tool for you? He asked jabbing his thumb at Jaxon.

"TOM! You will NOT do anything to this poor boy. Do you know how long I've waited for this day? When Gracie said she didn't want a mate, I just about died. I thought she would become an old maid yelling at kids to get off her lawn. I wouldn't have any grandchildren running around to spoil. You will NOT ruin this for me." My dad stayed silent after that not wanting to upset her anymore.

That's when she told me to leave and come back in a few hours. Fine by me.

I was broken out of my thoughts by the sound of applause. I never got why people clap at the end of a movie. The people who made it can't hear you.

"Wasn't it a great movie? And that car chase!" Cody was such a five year old at times. We waited in our seats for everyone else to leave before getting up.

"Wanna get some ice cream?" He asked throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Race you there!" I took off before I finished my sentence, yelling behind me. I ran past people and weaved around the ones that refused to move. I touched the door to the parlor two seconds before Cody did.

"Yes! Ha, take that loser." I gloated in his face.

"You only won because you got a head start." He pouted.

"Technicalities." I replied going through the door. We each ordered a hot fudge sundae and reminisced while occasionally flinging ice cream at each other.

"What time is it?" I asked wiping fudge off my forehead.

"It's almost ten." We looked outside to verify that it was indeed getting dark out.

"Shi-rt." I quickly caught myself before the little boy at the next table heard me.

"What?" Cody's eyes flickered to where the boy was sitting.

"I have to pack yet. I don't know what time we're leaving but, I have a feeling it'll be at the as-k crack of dawn." Shit, I almost did again. The boy's parents gave me dirty looks. Lighten up, I didn't actually say the damn words.

"Well then let's go."

The ride back was silent, each of us in our own little world. Actually, it better just be me. Cody was driving and I don't want to die because of some distracted driving.