April 2, 2025

A/N
Hey guys this is the sequel to My Saving Grace! I hope you guys enjoy this book. I'm pretty excited about it!

Scott's P.O.V.

Alex and I got married in November of 2015. It wasn't an extremely big wedding but it was perfect for us. We both had all of our families and friends there to celebrate with us. It was possibly the most amazing day of our lives.

About a year after we got married we decided that we wanted to start a family and so we adopted Jessica. She was from South Africa. Her parents died of HIV when she was just two months old. We adopted her when she was four months old. We instantly fell in love with her. She was possibly the cutest baby that had ever existed on this earth. She turned out to be the light of our lives and to know that we had saved her from a life of poverty was amazing!

Adoption was hard though. They had to do countless background checks and health reports. They checked criminal records of family members. They tested our driving. They came to our house. They watched us with her for two weeks before they actually let us have her full time. But thankfully we have pretty clean backgrounds and they let us take her into our home.

Two years later we adopted twins. Noah and Toby. They were from Texas. They were blonde, curly haired and blue eyed boys. We got them as tiny babies, one month old. Which was a little different to first time around as they needed feeding and changing more than a four month old did. But it was all experience. Their parents were in jail, for murder. Which was slightly unsettling but they would be brought up in our home so they would be perfectly safe.

We were now almost ten years into our marriage. Jessica was nine. The boys were seven. We lived in a four bedroom house in LA. With a huge garden that the kids loved to play in. Even though they were kids of the twenty first century we limited their electronic time. So that they saw the outside world for how beautiful and natural it was.

Pentatonix kept going on, although most of us had started doing our own things as well. We still kept the majority of work within the group because we learnt that we worked well as our group of five. There was always someone to consult when something wasn't going just the way you wanted it to. That was in music and real life.

We toured a little less though. This was because of the families that we were creating. Kirstie had married Jeremy so after I had married Alex. They now had two kids, Sam and Lily. Sam was seven and Lily was four. Mitch was in a pretty steady relationship with a guy named Seb who was also aro. I expect one of them will pop the question before long considering they've been together for nearly five years. Avi had just got married to Poppy, a girl that made his eyes light up and made him happy. She was expecting their first baby. Kevin had married Andrea around the same time as Kirstie and Jeremy got married. They had three kids, Connor, Helena and Fiona. It was weird watching us all grow up so much.

I kept going back to Lisa. Not because I was depressed or anxious but because she helped me through the simple problems in life that I couldn't get my head around. I had also made two amazing friends there who I had seen come a long way. I think Lisa is possibly the most amazing woman I know!

"Daddy's, wake up! Cmon we're gonna be late for school!" I felt myself come to as somebody was shaking my body. My surroundings didn't fully set in and I was still half asleep.

"What time is it?" I heard Alex mumble, his voice laced with sleep. I could tell there was no way he was getting up just yet. I felt my eyes open and see that Noah was sat on my chest, shaking me awake and Toby was doing the same to Alex. Jessica was stood in the doorway, looking impatient.

"8:15!" Jess said. I felt myself panic. We were late. Very late. I lifted Noah off of me and sat up, jumping out of bed. I lifted Toby up too as I looked at Alex. His eyes were drooping closed, I smiled. I could tell he had no intentions of getting up just yet.

"You stay here. I'll take them." I whispered, leaning down to kiss his forehead. He smiled, nodded and rolled over, immediately falling asleep again.

"We have to be there by half past or we'll get a tardy!" Jessica said, worriedly. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a tank top and threw them on.

"Jess, we'll get there. Have you guys had breakfast?" I asked, placing a SnapBack on my head and turning to the boys.

"Yeah but we have no lunch!" Noah and Toby said in unison. I pulled on my shoes and grabbed the boys hands, pulling them across the hall, quickly.

"Okay, I'll drop you guys off and buy some lunch at the store. I'll leave it in the school office for you guys to collect at lunch." I stated, buckling myself into the car and starting the engine. I flew off down the drive.

"Can Tom come over tomorrow?" Noah and Toby said together. I ran my hand over my face to try and rid myself from the sleep that I had just been awoken from.

"I'll have to check of either one of your dad or I are working but I'm sure he can." I stated.

"I've got this huge project on social media at the weekend. Could you help me with the history of it?" Jessica asked.

"Sure, that shouldn't be too hard. Damn it! This traffic!" I said as we hit a long line of traffic.

The boys giggled. "Daddy said a bad word." Toby pointed out. I cursed myself in the back of my head.

"Yeah and you're not to repeat it or tell dad that I said it." I told them, pulling over into the next lane which was free and turning off onto the school road.

"It's 8:26! We have four minutes." Jessica informed me.

"Yeah, well you guys should have woken us up earlier! Or I should set an alarm! Or see if the bus comes past our house! It's my fault isn't it?" I said, pulling up outside the school. She nodded and laughed. "Never mind. We're here now."

Jessica swung the door open and leaned over the centre consul to kiss my cheek. "Bye." She said.

"Have a nice day." I said as she got out of the car and ran towards the door of the school. The boys leaned over the back seat and kissed either one of my cheeks. "Be good, guys." I told them.

"We will." They chorused, getting out of the car and running towards their classroom.

I sighed and started the car up. I got the kids lunch and drove back to the school, dropping it off in the office. Then I drove back home. I immediately stripped down to my boxers and crawled back into bed.

Alex rolled over and rested his head against my chest, his hand moving up to draw circles on my stomach. "When do you have rehearsals?" He asked, his voice groggy. I wrapped my arms around him and sunk further down into the bed.

"Twelve. Sleep for a while." I stated, closing my eyes. He chuckled and kissed my chest.

And that was how life went on. Nothing was too complicated or hard. We helped the kids with homework. I wrote songs. Alex went to work. Simple and easy. Nothing too major to worry about. At least not yet....