{edited} Chapter Three || Listening.||

{First published November 2015 }
{Edited 6-14-2015}

Dedicated to all my readers. You guys are my own personal rock stars.

                       {Avery}

I follow the voices through the house. By passing a small setting room on the right and a closed door on the left. I continue down the hallway. It opens up to a large dinning room. There's a huge long wood table with enough seats for forty people. My eyes bug out a little. Who needs a table that big. The walls are a soft tan color, matching the light wood floor. A floor to ceiling window takes up the right side of the wall. Behind the monstrous table is a white door. It's one of those doors that you push and it swings in or out depending on which direction your going.

I go around the table. The voices are coming from the other side of the white door. I slowly push it in. Stepping through into a kitchen. My eyes roam around. It's a type of kitchen you would expect a celebrity to have. Stainless steel appliances. A large breakfast bar. Grey granite counter tops. Dark wood cabinets.

My eyes land on sliding glass doors where Jeff and a lady is standing. I assume this is Shelly. Her oval face and chestnut brown hair matches Lilly. The two are arguing over something. Heads close together, heated looks passing between the two. Shelly spots me, snapping her mouth close turning in my direction, causing Jeff to do the same. Its quite while they stare. Green ribbons are coming in and out while Shelly runs her eyes over me. She's afraid. Of what I don't know. But the ribbons never lie.

"How are you dear?" Her voice is warm and friendly, not revealing the fear she feels.

"Fine." My voice is cold, lifeless causing her to flinch. Her eyes widened turning to Jeff. He shakes his head.

"Ok hun." The warmth is still there as she heads towards the double door fridge. Jeff inclines his head to another white door opposite of the one I came through.

He looks over his shoulder as we go through the door,"You'll have the third floor to yourself. It's one big room."

I nod.

He leads me into a huge living room. It looks so much different from the front part of the house. It looks inviting and lived in.

"This is our main area. The front part is for guests." Jeff says as we go through the room and into a hall way. He points at doors as we go by. There is a bathroom, a den with a library, another Tv room and a play room for Lilly.

He stops at the first landing on the stairs, "This floor has mine and Shelly's room, Lilly's and a few guest rooms." He says looking down the hallway. He shakes himself out of whatever thoughts captured him and looks at me.

He's sad.

"Your room is at the top of the stairs. Shelly went shopping and got you some stuff. You should be good for awhile until your ready to go yourself. I'll let you get settled in. Let me know if you need anything."

I head up the rest of the stairs. Leaving Jeff on the landing looking after me. There's no door when I reach the top. It just opens up into a little sitting room. A purple chair sets off to the side. There's hooks on the wall opposite of the chair. I'm guessing it's for jackets and other things. I take two steps up into the room.

Grey carpet, white walls, a huge four post bed done up in light purple and lime green, a desk with my lavender  laptop setting on it, two closed doors on the left side of the room and a tv area with a black leather sectional couch on the right. I take all of it in in seconds. The room is not the problem nor is the things in it. Its the pictures plastered on the walls. That cause my own steel walls to splinter.