Chapter 27: Hot Chocolate And Old Texts

Start from the beginning

I needed to just cry.

I need to cry for for so many reasons. I'm fed up of being the one who always cries though. I'm supposed to be independent, I'm supposed to be the one who saves everyone, I'm the one who is supposed to be the shield.

And at the minute I'm doing a crap job at that. 

"Brooklyn?" The voice called anxiously.

I looked down from the roof and saw Nanami in a massive coat, a black beanie and a black scarf. Her brown eyes darted around the shrine and then she saw me on the roof.

"Are you okay?" She said looking at me with a sympathetic look. I shook my head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head again causing her to give a little chuckle. "Then come down here, I've made you some hot chocolate for you. You said you liked hot chocolate." I pouted and shook my head.

She bit her lip and looked around, then started smirking at me. "Not even with whipped cream and tiny marshmallows?"

I raised my eyebrow and smiled, wiping my tears away. I shook my head again. She wasn't going to con me, I knew what she was up to, and not even hot chocolate with whipped cream and tiny marshmallows will change my opionon. Nuh-huh.

"Oh it's such a shame," she started, shoving her hand in her pocket, "because I went to town today and well..."

She was waving my phone in her hand. I laughed and crossed my arms over my chest feeling like the smart one. "Nanami, it's dead, how can you possibly-..."

I could hear my 'American Idiot' ringtone going off. My head was now in the direction towards the noise and I saw Nanami holding her phone in her other hand. How did she get my number? And how is my phone actually working!?

I gasped and put my hands to my mouth. Holy cow. My phone was charged!

"You didn't," I spoke quietly to myself. Maybe I said that a bit too out loud actually. 

"Oh I did, now get your butt down here and drink your hot chocolate!" She commanded as she stuck her tongue out at me.

I guess that's enough star gazing.

~ • ~

"Now tell me what's up, you've been acting weird for a couple of days and I'm worried about you, Brooke," Nanami stated as he coiled her small hands around her mug.

I put my cheek on my hand and took a sip of the delicious hot chocolate. Damn Nanami and her amazing hot chocolates.

"I know you miss him," She spoke.

"W-Who?" I said awkwardly.

"You know who," she responded with a smirk on her face, "Tomoe."

"D-Do you have mind powers or something?" I choked, sitting up straight. But who was I kidding. "Was it that noticeable?" I said quietly with a slight blush on my face.

She chuckled and replied with, "Just a bit."

I groaned loudly and lay on the ground sprawled out. This wasn't good. Why should I miss him? I mean, shouldn't I be happy that I don't have to deal with that asshole's insults and what not?

"So you like him, don't you!" She shouted from the top of lungs.

"Jeez, I think the whole of Nebraska just heard that ," I complained as I covered my face with my hands. Nanami smacked her hand on her lips and muffled, "Sorry."

I pushed my hair back and put my arms underneath my head. I don't like him. Well, I can't say that, I kinda confessed as well. I said kinda, not like Tomoe did. Wow, I turned out liking Tomoe more than I originally planned. I bet that's how Tomoe felt as well.