Butthurt

Jennifer's POV:

It gave me a little bit of comfort to know I wasn't the only one turning a bright shade of red from the position we fell into.

His face looked like a tomato, and both of our mouths were hanging open in shock, and I think we were both still trying to comprehend what just happened, so we just stayed like that for a few seconds, not sure of what else to do.

Anyone that may have walked in at that moment would have completely gotten the wrong idea. At least we locked the door.

My hand was on his chest, and I couldn't focus on anything but how fast his heart was beating.

Dylan cast his eyes down, and cleared his throat, snapping me out of the confused daze I was in.

I scrambled off of him as fast as I possibly could, and wrapped my arms around my knees like a scared little kid. I definitely felt like that. I was just glad that I was sure things couldn't possibly get worse.

This is literally the worst day of my life. Then I remembered the day this whole thing started. Scratch that... this is the second worst.

I shielded my face with my hand, seeing that he was slowly sitting up.

"Geez, how much do you weigh?" he groaned in pain, popping his back.

He would bring up something like that right now...

"Not that much."

"Really? Cause my body is screaming the opposite." he rolled his neck, most likely being way more dramatic about it than necessary.

"I don't! I'm just a little taller than the average than the average girl, that's all." I looked at him through my fingers again to see him rubbing his head.

"Mhm, sure. Would you put your hand down? I already know you're embarrassed, and don't want me to see you."

I couldn't believe the nerve of him. He was being nice for a few minutes, and trying to control his annoyingness, but was back to his old self in no time.

"What? You're embarrased too! Your face looks like a tomato!" I pointed at him. He was such a hypocrite.

"No... It's red from straining myself trying to lift your 'slightly taller than the average girl' self." he quipped.

I felt the anger rising in me, but knew that arguing wouldn't solve any problems. I guess I could suffice it to say that he was just a little more stubborn than me. I may be getting into a better mood despite that embarassing display of emotion in the bathroom, but I wasn't quite ready to have a fight with him yet.

I took a deep breath. I desperately wanted to say something I would most likely regret, but stopped when I knew he would probably go as low as to use me crying in front of him against me. Which was something I couldn't stop no matter how hard I tried.

"Let's go. I don't particularly want to go with you, but it's better than facing the rest of the school." I lied.

He was rude...

And cruel...

And seemingly hopeless at times...

But he was all I had.

I just didn't know how to tell him how important I really felt he was to me. He was the only person in that school that was willing to give me a chance when I wasn't Jennifer Carlyle, the most envied girl at Westmont, and I at least owed him something for that. I would still do anything that it took to get my life back from that little backstabber, Caroline, but until I could do that, Dylan Frazer was essential to me staying sane in a world of people that made me want to pull my hair out, and was the only one I could tolerate, unlike that Jocelyn chick. I couldn't lose my only friend now–no matter how angry he made me 90% of the time.