I Think I'm Going Crazy

Still looking for ideas!!!
___________________________________________________

Caroline's POV:

What am I going to do?! I thought, as I walked down the sidewalk after school.
Get along with Jennifer, that's like telling Tom and Jerry to magically become friends. It went against everything I stood for! There was no way I was just going to forgive her for all the times she embarrassed me just so she could make her stupid friends laugh.

And what about that freaky lady at school who had the brilliant idea in the first place? She just disappeared! Man, I think I'm going crazy.

At this point, nothing should've surprised me. Switching lives, disappearing girls, the possibility of your crush liking you. About a week ago, I would have thought all these things were impossible... Yet here I was.

I need something to drink... I looked around at the small shopping center I was passing on my way home.

There was a few little boutiques and a small coffee shop called the Black Boot Café. The place was a little hipster for my liking, but I wasn't feeling particularly picky, so I decided to drop in for a tea or something.

The lighting low inside, and the smell of coffee flooded into my nose as soon as I stepped inside. Indie music played faintly in the background. People gave me strange looks as I opened the door. I didn't look anything like them. I was in my practice clothes, feeling very self-conscious, even without all these people staring at me.

In the corner, sat a familiar girl with dark brown, almost black hair, and hazel eyes.

"Jocelyn." I whispered.

I have to go talk to her! What will I say? She thinks I'm Jennifer... Which in a way, I am. But still... I miss her.

I cautiously walked over to her table and sat down awkwardly. She looked up from her phone, and took out her earbuds, looking at me suspiciously.

"Can I help you?" She stared at me through her eyelashes, with an eyebrow raised.

"Uhh..." I bit my lip, not knowing what to say.

"Do you have the wrong person, or is this some kind of cruel joke?" I immediately realized that this was going to be harder than I thought.

"No. It's not a joke, Jocelyn," I began. "But I wish it was." I mumbled below my breath.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"Nothing!" I replied right away.

"Okay then..."

There was an awkward silence.

"Can I take your order?" A girl with red hair and matching lips stared at me apathetically with a sketch pad and pen in her hand.

"Uh, yeah." I looked at the menu, not knowing what any of the drinks were, so I ordered something random, not wanting Lana, the waiter, to bite my head off.

"I'll have a sh-shakerato." The girl rolled her eyes and walked away.

I don't even know what that is. Oh well, I need to focus on Jocelyn.

"So why are you being nice after all these years of bullying me?" She asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Look, whatever I did... I'm sorry." Jocelyn sighed.

"See? There's the problem with you. Years of bullying and humiliation, and you think just a little sorry can fix everything." She glared at me.

I looked down at my hands.

She leaned forward. "News flash! It won't." She leaned back, folding her arms.

This was a side of Jocelyn that I had never seen before. She was usually so happy, making jokes. She was never serious like this, I didn't know if it was the overall gloomy atmosphere of the coffee shop, or if she was really hurt by the things Jennifer had done, which she never told me about.

"Well, what more can I say?" I shrugged.

She continued to stare at me, still not convinced I was telling the truth.

"Why should I believe you?"

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"Well I don't either."

The barista strutted over to our table and set down my coffee. I took a sip, and it was boiling hot.

"PFFFFT!" I spit the coffee all over my surroundings.

Jocelyn closed her eyes, trying to stay calm. She sighed.

"Look. I appreciate your 'apology' , but I'm gonna go now." She air quoted the word apology, grabbed her things, and left the café before I could say another word.

____________________________________________________________

Sorry about the short chapter! Just wanted to kind of give you a chapter to bring Jocelyn back into the story.
So how's life everybody?

I NEED IDEAS PEOPLE! I WILL CONSIDER EVERY IDEA AND GIVE CREDIT!!!

Please Vote, comment, and follow! It's really encouraging to me, especially since I'm just starting out! Seriously, I don't even knew who likes the story (Other than the few who have voted and stuff. 😝👍)

-Kelsey