Chapter 18 - He was right there and I didnt notice

I sat on the curb outside my recording studio. I had just done a song on Harry and my face was tear stained. Even though it had been 3 years I was an emotional wreck.

My band were shocked that I still felt that way. Grant was the only one who understood.

My fingers fumbled with some stones that have fallen out of the road.

I heard loud footsteps behind me.

I turned around to see Grant behind me. I motioned for him to sit down.

He eyes trailed over my face as I did so. His hand hovered over my knee before resting it there.

"I can't do it anymore, Grant. I can't. It's been to long." I whisper as he pulls me into a hug.

"Taylor, I know. I know how you feel. I feel rejected, too"

I looked at him shocked. I never really pictured Grant with a lady friend.

"Who?"

He shook his head and chuckled a bit. His hair wavered around his face as his chuckles jerked his body.

I sighed, because I realised. For the previous 10 or so years, Grant has been the only member of the band to stay. Everyone else got replaced. He always been there for me too.

Suddenly, all my feeling of sadness left me.

I leaned in and kissed him.

His lips moved in sync with mine as I moved onto his lap.

We pulled out at the same time, as thunder clapped, scaring us out of the kiss.

Rain started to pour all over us. My hair and clothes were drenched and we were both dripping.

"I'm sorry Grant. You were there all along and I never realised. Im sorry. I'm sorry."

We pulled into another kiss as the rain poured over us.

______________

I like to end things with a cliché. Sorry!☔⚡☁💘