Once Upon a Lie

^^^^Dedication for being my 1st fan and my favorite writer on Wattpad and awsome feedback... and momentarily dissapearing from the face of the Earth, it seems. =D^^^^^^^

*******************

Stranger's POV

******************

I sat in my 1996 dark green Toyota Camry a few houses down from my main line of vision. It's been approximately six hours of silence, loneliness and hunger. The sweet victory at the end of this line will put a stop on all physical and emotional needs once I reach it.

When the right time rolled around, I stepped out of my car grabbing a green pastel card. I started jogging down the block seeing houses and yards that looked to belong in an magazine particularly made for the retired and elderly home buyers and owners. Some houses were Mediterranean themed awhile some were western. Some houses had green grass shining of the owners or gardeners care awhile some had rocks and stones for the ground and pavement. Some homes had birds bathing in front of some of the civilians bird baths that lied in the yard, awhile I simply could care less. I had work to do.

I finally approached the house that was layered in red brick and windows surrounded by classic shutters. The front porch was large enough for the whole block to see and lined with pure gold and silver. I walked up the few steps and placed the letter on the rug by the front door, rung the doorbell, and ran to the side of the house. In movies, the people in hiding tend to breathe loudly and get over excited or scared. I had none of those feelings. I never had my heart race of anticipation I normally had a strong feeling of, well, I don't know, I just didn't feel anything. A few seconds later, the door opened and I saw a shadow cast over the porch not moving then leaning to pick up the letter.

I heard the paper crinkle anticipating the one sound I was yearning to hear. The front door slammed shut and I placed my ear against the wall waiting for a boom, anything really. I slowly began counting down from three but no sound approached. Where was the sound?! I heard something from the back of the house close, assuming it was coming from the backyard patio. My legs walked toward the sound and strolled into the back yard gingerly since the gate was ajar.

From a hot distance but a cold line of vision, I peeked around the corner of his house to see him throw the letter into the fire that must have contained unwanted furniture. Bad idea my friend. I slightly grinned at how comical this will be.

An odd cackling came from the fire which caused him to turn around but before he could detect where the odd sound was coming from, the atoms from the card chemically reacted with the fire and oxygen, causing it to explode and send tremors through the air and throw him against the house. Well, that is kind of what I intended to do. Blow him to pieces not shove him against the wall. But this action gave me a better idea; Much better.

The sound of his bones cracking against the brick house sent odd pleasures down my spine. I sniffed the air; blood, his blood. I unconsciously licked my lips fathoming for a closer scent. Cannibalistic tendencies are something I never had pleasure in pursuing but the smell consumed me with a mix of smoky fire. It spurred me in a way I can't even explain.

I shook my mind clear and decided to approach him. My eyes lingered on his figure as his eyes tried to do the same. His eyes would come in and out of focus and would babble some form of gibberish. Is it only me, or does this scene look comical? Blood stained the back of the wall trailing down onto his shirt..

He may have a concussion from the impact. Do I care? I should. I dragged him into the house by his arms, no matter how much he protested, which he didn't do successfully I might add.

I studied the blue prints of the house and engraved every room and corner into my memory. Dragging his body mercilessly up the stairs, I made it to the master suite and dropped him onto the floor. I was not his babysitter nor nurse, so I didn't care to simply care. He began to close his eyes and next thing I know his eyes closed and spit began to spool along the floor. I guess I have to wait until the little bastard awakes.