Life Cut Short

^^^^^Dedication for being an awsome pal on wattpad and reading my work even when it included slight romance, much love to you mate^^^^^

~~~~~~~~~~

Jace's POV - 2 DAYS LATER

~~~~~~~~~~

I only have a maximum of two weeks to live. At 21 years old, I still haven't had an official girlfriend, kissed a girl, better yet, even got my chance to put my hands around her waist as we would slow dance. Don't kid, I had only one girlfriend in my lifetime, if that is what I should call her, but it didn't help that my father was Jeffery Anaheim. Yes, the Jeffrey Anaheim as in Anaheim Lux International Hotels. Before I could squander and reminisce over my past and how my future is approaching me at full throttle, my personal doctor interrupted my thoughts.

“I wish I could do something about this. I feel like it’s my fault, but I’m sorry, this disease is killing you and with all the money in the world a cure will be impossible to make on such short notice.” Dr. Parsons told me. I saw his sandy hair was already turning gray and balding only at the age of 35. His hands were shaking emphasizing the unnerving feeling in my room.

“I’m not worried about that.” My comment made him give me a quizzical look. “I’m worried about how to spend the rest of my life. I’m worried about where my inheritance will go. I’m worried… I...”

“Jace, what you need is a break from life itself. I can get your family attorney to deal with some of the financial issues you’re so worried about.”

“Why would I need a break from life when I’m about to face death? My grandfather just died of a heart attack two days ago. My father died from cancer three years ago.  Now me?”

“You’re not being reasonable. Look-“

“Get out. Just leave.” And with my final statement he packed his belongings and walked out the door. I kept brushing my hair out of my face no matter how many times my black curls tangled between my fingers.

Before I knew how deadly this unknown disease was, I was peeing like normal male but it seemed to hint the color red, which is strange since nobody pees blood. I called Dr. Parsons to see if he knew what was going on. After hours of countless procedures and shots, he discovered I had internal bleeding seeping from bladder. Could be internal bleeding from cancer, but where is the tumor?

I looked around the empty house that seemed to emulate how I felt inside. What the hell am I supposed to do with two weeks?

You know what; life hasn’t been fair to me so why should I return any favors? Without thinking out loud, I began walking outside of the empty house through the patios then got put off track from by the ringing of the doorbell. I plastered a fake smile knowing it may be another prospective owner of the house. After my grandfather’s death I had no interest in living in this house and sold most of the furniture for five bucks a piece no matter the brand. Yes, I felt that bad.

I opened the door with my smile quickly disappearing as it came.  Looking down at the mat by the front door was a letter. I thought I knew who it may be from but this letter was different from the other ones. Either way, I took it with me to the backyard where left over furniture was burning and threw it into the fire.

About a few walking distances from the fire I heared an odd crackle behind my back. The very second I turned around, pressure surged into my eyes and the shock waves of the explosion threw me against the house.

I thank Yahweh I didn’t open that letter when I had the chance to. I tried getting up but my head started sending ungodly tremors through my body. I just sat their staring at the fire thinking of what could have been and what would have been. It should have been a favor on whoever’s part since I was going to die shortly.

But…

Who wants to kill me?

****

Thanks for reading. It may seem a bit slow but I guarantee the next chapter will have some GREAT stuff, more so based upon Jace's past. It's only getting started.