"Uh. Um. Isn't it b-b-because the right side has to s-send blood further, it sends it a-around the b-body." I stutter, my head falls into my hands.

"Very good. Now eyes on the board everyone." Sir clicks his fingers and everyone's head snaps back to the board.

Slowly I look up. The rest of the class seems to be taking notes on the film that they're watching. It appears to be about the human body. I scribble down a few of my own notes. Basic stuff, like what the lungs job is and why blood is red.

I walk out of the classroom when the bell rings. Pushing through the crowds. I spot a tall person with curly hair. Charlotte. I run up to her darting through gaps in the crowd.

"Ella." She gasps. "Where did you go? You disappeared from the canteen and didn't come back. Leah and I had to share your bagel."

"Oh the hardship." I tease. She giggles lightly.

"Seriously though, you didn't come back."

"Yeah I went straight to biology after Luke and i's... Talk." It takes me a few seconds to find the right word.

Before Charlotte can reply there's a clapping of heels. A girl, with golden blond hair pushes past me knocking me into Charlotte with a bony elbow. It's too precise to be an accident. I stare at her in shock. How dare she? With a flick of her hair, she turns to sneer at me. Even through her layers of makeup I can tell how pretty she is.  Her blue eyes have a malicious glint in them as if reading my thoughts. Megan Anderson.

"Sorry nerd, didn't see you there." Megan's voice is cocky, cruel. I recognise it from somewhere different, but can't place it. With another flick of her blond hair she disappears round the corner out of sight. I glare after her. I hate her.

"Who the hell does she think she is?" Charlotte spits in shock. Anger filling her tone.

"Megan Anderson. Queen of the school." I whisper. That's exactly who she thinks she is.

"Well it's about time, somebody proved her wrong."

"Oh yeah. Are you gonna do that?"

"Perhaps." I smile at her.

"But then you'd have to deal with Rose Mills."

"Nah. She's as thick as a brick." I laugh.

"Hmm."

"I'm surprised though that she hasn't spoken to you. I mean she's obsessed with Luke."

"Really? Who doesn't know?" Sarcasm leaks into my voice. Anger threatens to erupt out of me at the mention of Luke.

"Nobody I guess. I wonder if it's Megan that stops her." She says thoughtfully. I look at her confused.

"I mean Rose follows her every command, like a dog. Id watch your back, Matthews."

"Why is that, Smith?" I ask, using her last name.

"Megan may be after your man. Ever heard of her not getting what she wants?" I shake my head slowly. "Exactly, she'd do anything and everything to get her wish." I don't say anything else. Instead I wait. Wait for Charlottes words to sink in.

............................................................

The canteen is heaving. I spot Leah with a green tray in front of her. What looks to be Lasagne is on her plate, some peas on the side. I take a seat next to her.

"Hey." She says. Her tone is almost surprised to see me.

"Hi. Sorry about the bagel, I know it must of been really hard for you to consume all those calories for me." I tease, poking her stomach. She laughs.