Hush

Thank You

Dear readers,

This story that you are about to read, is my first ever book. It is my dream to become a writer when I'm older so I thought I'd just start early. I'd really like to thank my mother first of all. When I was little, my mom would help me write my own stories. She's the one who bought me me this laptop on which I'm writing to you from.

Thank you to all of my friends, or as I like to call them, my partners in crime. Without you guys, this story would still just be an idea. I'd especially like to thank Claire, Amanda, Rowan, Caroline, and Mikaela. You guys truly helped to make my story what it is today. Thank you for putting up with all of the constant editing questions, the idea asking, and all of the 'Did you read it?'s. Without you guys, I would have never gotten the courage to write this story in the first place.

I'd also like to thank my english teacher Mrs. McGovern. You've helped me become a better writer, and I've greatly benefited from having you as a teacher this year. You really are a special person to me and it means alot to hear from you that you can't wait to read this.

Lastly, there's one last person who I'd like to thank most of all. This person is like a brother to me, and I love him to death. He has been here for me through it all like nobody else. He means the world to me and he is so supportive. Every time I thought of giving up, he gave me the strength to carry on. When you read this, I just want you to know how special you are to me. I love you. You truly are my Little Thing.

Sincerely,

Makaela

....

Chapter One

Three, two, one! The school bell sounded, and school was finally out for summer! I was going home, grabbing my suitcase, and flying to London to spend summer break with my older step-brother Harry. He's only a year older than me but he treats me like I'm five. My dad and Harry's mom got married when I was six and Harry was seven. I've never really told anyone about my mom. She died due to heart failure. My mother had become sick after she had me, and her heart weakened. While she was waiting in a hospital for a heart transplant she died. I was there holding her hand. Nobody but me and my dad know about this. Harry and his mom don't even know about it, they just think that my mom left my father and I. I know that's not the truth.

Even though I don't really see my brother anymore I can't really complain, because Harry's last name is Styles. Yes my big brother is one-fifth of the British boy band One Direction. The only thing is, I've never actually met One Direction. I mean I guess they're kinda' cute and I like their music but I'm not obsessed like some people.

Who am I? My name is Samantha Conrad, but most people call me 'Sammie'. I'm 18, I have brown hair and green eyes, I'm 5'7. I was born on September 13th, 1995. I live in Little Rock, Arkansas. What most people don't know about me, is that I've never dated a boy, ever. My older brother Harry is very protective. This is my story, about a boy that I met, who suddenly became my savior.

....

"Are you ready?" My dad yelled up the stairs.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a second." I grabbed my huge suitcase and my backpack and went downstairs.

"I'm really going to miss you sweetheart, even though you're going to be with Harry."

I saw the look of sadness in his face. My dad saw Anne, Harry's mother, a lot more than I saw Harry but they saw each other less and less nowadays. It wasn't anyone's fault, but because Harry was now famous his mom went to more and more of his shows. Other than Harry, Anne, and Harry's sister Gemma, I was all my dad had. My father worked very hard and had very long hours. It cost a lot of money to fly to London for three months. I already had a lot of money saved from past birthdays and Christmases, but it still wasn't enough. We aren't poor by any means, but we also aren't rich. Most of my trip was paid for with my money, but my father also insisted on paying something. I felt terrible taking money from him but he insisted.