1

His alarm blared off loudly in the dark painted room but he didn't seem to wake up; he just continued to stir around in his bed until he found a more comfortable position.

His alarm went off again and this time he seemed to pay attention to it. The curly brown haired boy slowly sat up in bed, groaning loudly as he did as he turned off his alarm and stayed staring at the chipped painted white door of his room for a while.

"I hate my life," He muttered to himself as he got up and walked to the small bathroom he had in his shared apartment with his friend, Michael.

"Morning Calum," Michael, who was currently taking a shower sang through the curtain.

"Mmm, morning," He mumbled taking a quick restroom break and then brushing his teeth.

"Ready for work?" Michael ask, peeking his head out from the curtain and looking at the very tired boy.

"Never am, never will be,"  Calum responded, running a hand through his hair and just thinking of putting a beanie over it.

"Oh c'mon Calpal.. Work isn't even that bad, plus, its not like we really do anything."

Michael was right. All he and Michael did was run the ticket booth for the movie theater and not a lot of people went surprisingly. The only reason they even had that job was to watch the movies for free and to get discounts at the snack bar.

"It's work and something else," Calum sighed, rubbing his eyes and checked the time on his phone, " Hurry up, we're going to be late."

"Is this about you know wh-"

"Yes.." Calum groaned.

"Avia?" Michael smirked, getting out of the shower with a robe around his  body.

"Michael.. I told you she was to not be named.." Calum responded, rubbing his face with his hands as he walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the kitchen.

Calum didn't really like it when Avia was brought up half of the time. That was the only girlfriend he had long-term, almost two years.

One night they were fine. Then she decided to break up with him about a month ago, since she had to leave to England for college and she didn't really like having a long distance relationship. Calum thought they were going great, they hardly had fights, they always were honest with each other, he was even thinking of getting engaged to her.

But of course with a roommate like Michael, who kept bringing her up every so often, it was sort of difficult for Calum to forget about her and move on that easily.

He grabbed a cold muffin from the kitchen cabinet, and even though Michael was being an ass, he grabbed him one too, and waited by the door for him.

About twenty minutes later, Michael descended down the stairs, his hair also in a beanie and an outfit that sort of matched Calum's.

Calum gave him a glare, knowing he had done it on purpose so now Calum was thinking of eating Michael's muffin just for the heck of it but instead tossed it at him, trying to aim for his face but failed profoundly.

"Yay, I get to eat floor muffin!" Michael exclaimed, picking up his muffin from the floor and dusting it off before taking a bite of it," Ready?"

Calum nodded, grabbing his sweater as they both got in his car and headed to work.

*

Today work was dreading for Michael and Calum. Michael had fallen asleep about three times... so far, and Calum had to wake him up every time the boss would usually pass by and not a lot of people were coming, as usual. It was slower than other days, with only one customer coming about every thirty minutes or so.

Calum himself wanted to fall asleep as well but he knew if he and Michael both ended up knocking out, it would not go well for them.

Hours had passed and Michael and Calum rushed out, tired from being in that booth all day long.

"I'm never going back in there," Michael laughed, zipping up his sweater as they walked through the cold weather.

Calum started his car and immediately turned on the heater. He drove to the nearby Starbucks and order two hot chocolates for him and Michael and then they headed home.

Calum stayed in the car for a little longer as he gathered his things and slowly made his way out of the car, focusing on the video he was watching on his phone.

"Uhm... C-Calum?"

"Yeah?" Calum asked as he slowly started to go up the stairs.

"Why is there a tiny human being on our doorstep?"

"Yeah, I ordered... Wait, what?" Calum questioned, quickly putting his phone into his jean pocket and made his way to where Michael, and indeed a baby, were waiting for him on the porch.

"This isn't what I ordered... Michael, there's a baby on our porch..." Calum mumbled, not being able to comprehend why a small child was waiting outside of his home.

"Who would just leave their child unattended in this weather?" Michael asked, rubbing his hands together for warmth.

"I don't know... Poor creature is probably freezing," Calum said, unlocking the door to their apartment and grabbing the child taking it inside with them.

:: :: ::

I hope this story is as good as I think it will be ':D.

Social Media :

Twitter & Instagram : probablyausten
Snapchat : isisatalie

©spillthebeanz