4

"Thanks mom, for the uh, lessons," Calum thanked his mom as she gathered her things and walked towards the door.

"Anytime, if you need anything just call me alright?" She asked him, gently stroking his arm.

He nodded and held Aspyn's hand making her wave.

"Bye Aspyn!" His mom smiled, lightly placing a kiss on the top of her head before leaving the apartment building.

Calum let out a sigh and readjusted Aspyn in his arms so that he was looking at her.

"Hi," he said awkwardly, not really knowing what to do or say.

"I'm back!" Michael smiled as he entered their apartment with a pizza box.

"Yay, I'm starving," Calum said, setting Aspyn back down into her car seat and grabbing a slice.

"How do you think you're going to sleep tonight?" Michael chuckled with a mouthful of pizza.

"You're sleeping with me," Calum scoffed, turning on the t.v.

"I'm good," Michael laughed looking at Calum," I like my sleep and I kind of don't want it to be ruined by a baby crying in the middle of the night."

"You live in my apartment," Calum reminded him," so you sleep with me."

Sighing in defeat, he got up from the couch and put his plate in the sink," I mean I guess."

Smirking, Calum winked at him and looked at the time before walking towards the door.

"Uhm, where are you going?" Michael asked, clearly confused.

"Out, I have a date remember?" He chuckled, pulling out his phone and typing on it.

"Oh yeah, Melanie," He laughed then abruptly stopped," wait, you have a kid.. You can't go."

"What? I can't hear you," Calum said quickly, running out the door before Michael could protest.

A loud cry stopped Michael from his thinking as he rushed and picked up Aspyn.

"Calm down.. Calm down," Michael cooed, as he rocked her lightly in his arms but she just kept crying.

Panicking, he immediately called Calum but he didn't answer.

"Ugh!" Michael groaned frustrated," Are you hungry? Yeah?"

He continued to rock her as he tried his best to make her the bottle with one hand.

Ignoring all the mess he just made on the counter, he shook the bottle making sure the formula was well mixed and put it in her mouth.

She instantly quieted down, her big brown eyes staring up at Michael.

"What?" Michael mumbled, still annoyed at the fact that Calum basically stranded his child when he "promised his mom he'd be a good dad.. And by the way he just left like that right now, I just can't believe him."

She put her hand up and Michael let her hold onto one of his fingers.

Smiling a little, Michael cruised around the room, slightly rocking her with his arm," You know what kid, you might actually not be so bad."

*

Calum and his date were having a good time. He met her through a friend and he was glad he did because he really liked her. 

It was about time he should start moving on from Avia and now with a baby in the picture, he really needed to get his mind off of things.

The girl was funny, laid back, she liked the same type of music, what else could he ask for?

"Want to head to my place?" His date, Melanie, asked, fluttering her eyes.

Calum quickly nodded and called the waitress over to pay the bill.

Once that was taken care of, Calum took ahold of her hand and took her to his car, opening the front door for her but she shook her head.

"What's wrong?" Calum asked.

"The back seat silly," she giggled, placing her hands on his chest.

His eyes widened and suddenly he became really nervous. He continued to bite his bottom lip and his hands started to get sweaty.

"Calum?" She pouted, playing with the hairs on the back of his neck.

"I-I don't want another child... I don't even know if I can manage this one.." He whispered, shutting his eyes. Throughout this entire date, his mind kept wandering off to think about Aspyn and if Michael was taking good care of her. He barely has spent only a couple of hours with his daughter and he had already felt himself get attached to her.

"What?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows," Are you drunk already?"

"No Melanie," he sighed, running his hand over his face," I have a kid. A child. A small human being, that's half me, and half.... Someone else.." He explained, rushing to the other side of the car and opening his door.

"Where are you going?" She groaned, annoyed of the way Calum was acting.

"Home, I need to check on my babygirl," he said looking down," Want me to give you a ri-"

Before he could even finish, Melanie was already walking away in the other direction. Sighing because he knew he ruined any chances with her, he shook his head and headed home, wanting to see the one girl he's been aching to see this entire night, Aspyn.

:: :: ::

Awh, Calum as a dad c:

Please don't forget to vote and recommend this book to people x

Social Media :

Twitter: probablyausten
Instagram : probablyausten
Snapchat : isisatalie

©spillthebeanz