"What are you trying to say?" I ask her for a better explanation.

"I'm trying to say that you are still just a trainee. You are in your own little world and you believe in this irrational thought of freedom and equal rights when the best system is control and protection. We all need to be controlled. The supreme council just let's our pack have the opportunity to develop these laws to pitch to the union." She elaborates.

I shake my head in disappointment but I was not defeated. "Councilwoman Tarah, I may be naive and I may believe in old systems that occurred long ago but this union we have developed isn't healthy and will just lead to rebellion. I'm willing to learn and conform to your suggestions but I will not change my views. Long ago, there were countries that would try to exist together in harmony. The world was nowhere near perfect then, but it was stable. I firmly believe in equality and independence. I know we have different views, but they are people dying because they just want the opportunity to be successful." I tell her.

Councilwoman Tarah stays quiet before taking a breath. "You remind me of myself when I was your age. I used to have passion for change. I guess as you get older reality sinks in and you realize that some things take dangerous risks to change. You have to be careful who you sell these ideas to, Jordyn. Not everyone is willing to listen." She responds. "I'm sorry I never told you about the meeting. I didn't think it would interest you so much but since it does I might make a exception."

I smile wide in excitement. I was glad she was able to see the productive side of me. "What is it?"

"I'm giving you a mission to complete before the Alpha's party tonight. You must visit the immortal kids of the pack. A good leader is there for its pack." She tells me.

   I nod my head processing what she had just told me. I had no idea the pack house had kids. I never saw them in the hallways or outside on campus.

"We call the children pups but we have a mix of different children. They are usually in the basement for their own safety. Go see the kids and if I get a good report then you are welcome to join any council meeting that you favor."

    The basement entrance was on the west side of the pack house

    The basement entrance was on the west side of the pack house. With the help of Danger, I was able to find it successfully.

"Are you sure you're ready to meet them?" Danger asks adjusting the badge on his uniform.

I shrugged not knowing what to expect. "I guess, I mean they're kids. They can't be so bad."

"They are also immortal children. They aren't the most stable. That's why they are kept in the basement. Some of them haven't mastered the use of their abilities yet." He informs me.

"Danger," I sigh. "I'll be fine."

Danger looks into my eyes as if trying to read my emotions. He then looks at the door to the basement and shakes his head. "If anything happens to you, it will be your blood on my hands. As a chief guard, I have a certain responsibility towards the safety of pack members." He explains to me.