♚16. LIBIDO

"Act as if what you do makes a difference

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." | William James

                               Jo r d y n T a m e

    IT WAS DONE. Mates were officially prohibited by the declaration of the union. All mates who were caught together were to be put into an asylum and separated. A part of me was upset, yet a part of me knew this was bound to happen. If Lexis had voted yes because of the majority, then other Alphas must have too.

    As I walk into the educational facility many people gave me curious stares. They were all interested in the human girl who couldn't seem to stay out of trouble. I don't blame them. Ever since I arrived here, trouble has been latching onto me as if I were a magnet.

"Jordyn! Hey..." I heard Lisa's voice as I made my way to my seat. "We missed you so much. How are you doing?"

    I shrugged still uncomfortable. Last night's game I had played with Coldley corrupted my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about the way he manipulated me. The sad part was that I had to play again. I had to play until I win.

Maybe he was bluffing—or he was trying to scare me. He wouldn't seriously make me play again, would he?

"I've been alright," Was all I could get out of my lips.

Lisa turns to Brooke and narrows her eyes making Brooke speak up. "Jordyn, you know you can talk to us about anything right? We are your friends. We're here for you."

    I grant them a soft smile before I look to my side to look at Able. Shockingly, he was staring back. His brown eyes showed worry but he attempted to cover it up with a grin. I grinned back before staring down at my fingers.

"Class, I have an announcement!" Mrs. Gemini says while walking into the classroom.

The class instantly quiets down as we awaited for her speech. She eyes the whole room before making brief eye contact with me. She then takes a breath. "As you know, mates have now been prohibited. This means that any mates who are found together will be divided. I know this doesn't apply to any of you but I just thought this would be good information to know." She then trails off. "Today is not a difficult day. All I ask for you is to get the tablets from under your seats and read a passage of 'Our Government Today'. While you do that, I will call you up one by one and discuss your exam scores."

"