♚10. RESUSCITATE

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."- Alice Walker

J o r d y n T a m e

    I WALK DOWN the long hallways hopeful of the new day. I didn't know why I was exhibiting such an optimistic mindset so early in the morning. All I know was that school was starting way later today and ironically I had woken up and gotten ready earlier than I have ever done before.

I stop my walk at Lexis' door slowly turning my head to the dark wood. The door was halfway open and rough mumbles were heard. I squint my eyes in confusion internally trying to talk myself out of walking inside.

He hates it when I do that.

I find myself walking through the door anyway. I peer over to my right as if knowing he was there, which he was. He faced away from me gripping his dresser while staring down. "She made broken look beautiful," He says to himself unaware of my presence. "Er, no--she--no." He mutters conflicted.

It sounded as if he was trying to recite a quote but he didn't like the way it sounded coming from his lips. He was unconfident in his speech; it was strange seeing Alpha Lexis so flustered and pretentious.

"It sounds nice," I say interrupting his thoughts.

   Fear traveled through my whole body and I knew I had made a mistake.

   Lexis turns to me with his conflicted eyes. His face held this look, this look I didn't quite know how to explain.

"Jordyn, what are you doing in here?" He asks defensively.

I take a breath before looking away from his blue eyes. "I was just walking by, the educational facility doesn't start until later today." I explain.

His eyes squint at me and a shaky breath escapes his pink lips. His white tank allowed him to show off his biceps and the dark ink that decorated his pale skin. One look at him and my mind was already entertaining a variety of questionable thoughts.

"I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to eavesdrop." I apologize not wanting to upset him.

I turn around slowly walking towards the door. This is how it always was with him and me. I would knock down a wall of his and he would build it back up.

   He was irascible and it made it very difficult for me to engage with him.

Suddenly strong hands wrap around my waist before pinning me against the wall gently. It wasn't rough, instead there was something so sensual about how Lexis took control. I moaned softly, undeniably turned on with Lexis' dominance. I wasn't expecting that and I was certainly taken off guard.

Lexis' lips were inches away from me and I hoped that this was the day we would finally cross that intimate ledge.

"You look beautiful," He whispers darkly, his words unleashing waves of euphoria to my body. His hand went down to my lower back causing my body to feel shrills of anticipation. "too beautiful."