10- recoperation

I claim no rights or anything associated with the Bleach series and/or its characters. Please leave your comments and reviews telling me what you think!

Chapter 10

Shiro allowed Zangetsu to take them far away from the forest fire. Shiro looked to see the forest burning as the villagers stood waiting to kill off Shiro and Ichigo if they emerged from the fire. Thankfully they took a different path out of the fire. Shiro shook his head as he signaled for Zangetsu to move on. Shiro had seen an old owl with a broken wing trying to follow them. Shiro stopped Zangetsu as he got off the stallion as he went up to the owl. Uharara ruffled his feathers as Shiro approached.

"Take it easy friend. It seems that you have injured your wing. Are you a friend of Ichigo?" Shiro asked the owl. Uharara looked over at the unconscious wolf and fox that laid on Shiro's horse. Urahara nodded his head as Shiro stretched out his arm letting Urahara climb on. Shiro hissed as he had second to third degree burns on his body. "I'm taking them to a healer that I know. She will most likely be able to treat all of our wounds." Shiro stated. Urahara nodded his head as Shiro climbed onto Zangetsu's back as Uharara sat on his shoulder.

Shiro struggled to stay conscious as he used up too much of his demonic power. They finally arrived outside a small cottage that belonged to the healer Retsu Unohana. Zangetsu whined out loud alerting Unohana that she had guests. Unohana came out as Shiro collapsed off of his horse.

"Shiro... Are you all right?" asked the healer in concern. Shiro just looked at her before he had lost consciousness. Unohana had noticed that Shiro laid in terrible shape as he had second to third degree burns on his body. She also noticed the old owl with a broken wing and a few missing feathers. Not to mention the unconscious nine tailed fox and small silvery black wolf cub. "I guess I have a long night ahead of me." Unohana stated to herself as she first brought the animals inside then came back out to get Shiro.

When Shiro finally came around, he felt like hell. His head throbbed painfully against his skull as his burns itched. Shiro let out a soft moan as he sat up to see a young man with Raven black hair and blue-grey eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked bluntly. He just softly smiled.

"Hanataro Yamada. I'm training to become a healer like Unohana. You should rest, you used up a lot of your power." Hanataro replied.

"Where's Unohana? How long have I been out?" Shiro asked reaching for the glass of water. Hanataro gave Shiro the water.

"You have been out cold for two days. Unohana is still working on the fox demon. He was in far worse shape than you. The owl and wolf have fully treated are healing nicely." replied Hanataro. Shiro felt like his heart had been ripped out when he heard that Ichigo was in very bad shape. Shiro couldn't understand why he cared so much for Ichigo's well being. Shiro sighed softly as he needed time to recover as he had yet to report to the hunter's guild about what happened.

Hanataro left as Shiro took out a scroll as he wrote a letter to the guild explaining what had happened as he requested additional aid since he knew that the villagers will soon be after him and Ichigo. Once the letter was completed he rolled it up as he let out a sharp whistle calling for his messenger bird. An yellow hawk flew down piercing onto his arm.

"Kon.... I need for you to deliver this to the guild as quickly as possible." Shiro told the yellow hawk as he pet the birds feathers. The hawk nodded his head that he understood as Shiro tied the letter to Kon's leg. Kon spread open his wings taking off quickly as Shiro laid back down. 'Please let Ichigo be all right. I hope that aid can get here quickly before the villagers do.' Shiro thought to himself as he fell back to sleep.