Chapter 10 - A Very Special Evening

First of all I would like to apologize for taking so long to update stuff. Some things happened, I almost died, and my life was just spiraling out of control. But now that things are looking up, I can finally be updating my stories once again! I hope you like this chapter, I tried my best to make it as long as possible. Enjoy~

Ciel's P.O.V.

I decide that I will just hide in my office all day, so Meyrin can't force me to have dinner with Sebastian. "What have I gotten myself into...?" I ask myself quietly. I look out my large window to the courtyard below, sighing. "I know I can't hide for all of eternity, but at least until my servants move on..."

The rest of the day, I do not call for Sebastian to bring me sweets, or for anyone to entertain me. I choose to read as much as I can and take care of some overdue paperwork. For some reason I can't keep my eye off the clock, probably because I am nervous around supper time.

The time eventually comes, and Meyrin bursts through the door happily. "Sir, everything is set up perfectly, oh yes it is!" she squeals loudly in front of me. I look up at her, glaring darkly, and she backs up slightly. "I-I sent Sebastian out for a few moments, so you can get into something nice, y-yes I did sir."

I have no way out of this, I whine as I get up."Very well Meyrin, I suppose a meal is just a meal after all. Now, what have you picked out for me to wear this evening," I ask benevolently.

Meyrin starts chattering away about some frilly outfit (see picture at beginning of chapter :) ) with some black flowers in my hair. "Oh you will look absolutely sweet, oh yes you will!" I nod begrudgingly and accept her help in getting dressed.

Once finally dressed, I look at myself in a full-length mirror. "I look utterly ridiculous," I mumble once Meyrin leaves earshot. I fix the tie around my neck and pull down the extremely short shorts as far down as they would go. "This is a terrible idea, Sebastian will laugh at me." I slowly walk out of my room and downstairs to the dining room. When I enter, my mouth gapes wide open.

The room has been decorated with roses of every colour, our finest china set on a white tablecloth beside a bottle of one of our finest wines. Bard, Finny, and Meyrin are all standing at the side holding some of the most exquisite dishes I have ever seen. They even dressed up in black and white uniforms to fit the atmosphere. I feel tears come to my eyes, and wipe them away quickly.

"You really didn't need to go to all this trouble for me you know," I say clearly, nearly choking on my own words. They set down their dishes and run up to me, enveloping me in a big hug.

"Of course we did master," Finny chokes out. "It's our job to do our best!" The three of them stand confidently in front of me. "So together, we worked extra hard to make this evening as special as we possibly could. I picked all the flowers and set them up!"

Meyrin stepped forward slightly. "And I found the nice table cloth and china while looking for some very fine wine!"

Bard coughed and smiled. "And I put my cooking skills to the test and made some new French dishes!" I looked around at them, smiling slightly. 

"Thank you very much, all of you." I sit down at the table happily. "Please serve the plates, then go and do some cleaning somewhere." Meyrin nods and shoos the boys out of the room, quickly serving the plates. Just as she finishes, the front door opens and she runs out. 

"Good luck master!" she calls after me. I shrink down in my chair, and hope for the best.

Sebastian's P.O.V.

I walk into the house after finishing my tasks. "It seems so quiet here," I comment to myself. I see candle light coming from the dining room, and decide to go see if anyone is there. When I enter, I am surprised to see a beautifully arranged room, a full meal, and my sweet young master all dressed up waiting for me.