0.2

{Calum}.

When I awoke hours later, I could hear hushed voices in the corner of the room. It took me a moment to realise that they were Luke and Delilah, but I couldn't really hear much of what they were saying. A suppressed groan left my lips and my heavy eyes opened being met with a concerned Delilah. She made her way over to me, a weak smile appearing on her face as she took hold of my hand just like every other time.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked me, yet I was still too weak to respond, nor able to focus on her for too long. She bit down on her lip as her eyes raked up and down my body, as if to see if there was anything troubling me. My eyes followed slowly and I began to grow uncomfortable at the sight of all the wires and tubes still attached to me. I was glad they had taken the tubes out that were down my throat, but all the others were still making me just as agitated.

I moved my hand down to the wires, trying to pull at them but I wasn't strong enough enough. Delilah soon stopped me, pulling my hands away and trying to calm me, distract me almost. I tried to tell her that I wanted them out, but I couldn't get any words out when I tried to speak, barely being able to to sound the first letter of her name.

"Its ok, Calum. They're not hurting you." She consoled me as if the only damage was in my mind. "It's ok." She repeated again, cupping my face in her hands and trying to get me to look at her. I saw the crushed look on her face when my eyes couldn't meet hers, but she tried to hide it for me as well as any pain she was feeling.

Luke had left the room in a rush, the tension clear in the room before I interrupted them. Michael had now made his way in, obviously hearing that I was awake. He walked over to me, a smile bright on his features and he stood by me.

"Hey buddy." He spoke, his voice gentle along with everyone else's. Delilah smiled up at him as she rubbed her hand up and down my forearm. "Is he doing ok?" He asked her as if I wasn't even in the room, unable to hear them talking about me. She nodded softly.

"I think he's fine now. Just got a bit upset about all the wires." She explained, her words making me feeling childish and stupid, though I know she meant no harm. Michael looked towards me again, forcing a smile onto my face as my eyes stared blankly at the door ahead.

"It's only going to get better from here, Cal." He told me, sounding as if he was trying to reassure himself. "Just keep fighting."

-

Ok, I know these first few are kinda short, but I'm building it up so don't hate me.

Sorry for the wait, been kinda busy.

Thank you for almost 300 reads on this book within 2 days and like, 50 comments already. It means so, so, so, so, so, so much to me.