Chapter Twenty Two

"I'm sorry," I say in a small voice. As quickly as it came, my anger has evaporated, and instead I feel bad, and really guilty. I'm a Jedi. I should never be angry. Unfortunately for me, Lux isn't a Jedi. That means he can be as angry as he wants to.

"Were you trying to kill both of us! Or just me by giving me a heart attack?" Lux glares at me at I look down at my feet.

"I'm sorry Lux," I repeat, again in a small voice. I bite my lip nervously. This is all my fault.

"Why did you do it?" I can feel his piercing eyes looking at me, and I shift uncomfortably. I look slowly up into his eyes.

"I was angry," I whisper. Lux's glare softens into a frown.

"But why?" He asks gently, his mood changing rapidly now I'm actually cooperating.

"I don't want to talk about it," I turn away to get out of the speeder, but he grabs my arm.

"Is it to do with your lightsaber?" his question causes me to wince. I sigh.

"Not really. It just...reminds me of it," I pull away, climbing slowly out. Lux follows me, confused.

"Does your master know?" I nod once, then start to walk away to show I've had enough with this conversation. Lux runs after me.

"Look I'm sorry I reminded you of it. I didn't know," Lux apologies to me and I shake my head.

"It wasn't your fault Lux, how were you supposed to know?" I glance at him, half smiling, but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"You know you can talk to me about it Ahsoka. I won't tell anyone. But only if you want to," Lux assures me.

"I know Lux. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just the fact I don't want to talk about it to anyone, or even think about it. I have so many questions, and no answers. I don't understand why it happened. I just want to for get it ever happened," I explain sadly. Lux looked surprised.

"I understand," he tells me, and I sigh in relief. He grins at me.

"So we're good with each other now?" He asks, grinning.

"Uh huh," I agree, smiling.

***

We've been walking down the street for about five minutes when I sense a familier presence. I stop, look around and drag Lux into the shadows. I curse in my native language. I fail to miss the female Togruta walking nearby, and she frowns at me. Her frown grows deeper when she sees my lightsaber. Whoops.

"Um...What?" Lux looks at me confused.

"Nothing," I say, too quickly. Lux looks at me.

"Tell me," he says sternly.

"It was nothi-"

"Tell me," he repeats, cutting across me.

"Why does it matter so much?" I stare at Lux.

"I saw the Togruta lady stare at you like you were mad. I want to know what you said. I'm sure if you won't tell me, she will," he points at her. I now when I've lost.

"Fine. Can I not complain in my own language for once?" I say, picking up on my snippy altitude again. Lux grins.

"That looked like a bit more than a complaint Ahsoka," he smirks.

"Maybe,"

"Ha. Ahsoka Tano swears," Lux bursts out laughing, and I shove him further into the shadows.

"Idiot. Shut up, or we'll be seen!" I hiss, glancing around. I see a shadow dart across an alley the other side of the street.

"What's happening?" Lux asks, completely oblivious to the situation.

"I'm about to be killed, that's what. Come with me, but stay out of the way. I don't need you getting hit with a stray lightsaber," I grab hold of his wrist.

"Wait, what? Lightsabers?" Lux's face shows a panicked expression.

"Yes, just stay out of the way, and you won't have to worry about a thing," I half drag him across the street and into the alleyway where I saw the shadow.

"Where are we going?" Lux asks me as I break into a run.

"No time to explain," is all I say.

I reach the back of the building. I take a left, then a right, and then another left. Behind me Lux is asking questions but I don't answer any of them. At the end of the current passage way is a clearing. As I get closer, I can see walkways reaching across buildings. When I do get there, I shove Lux to the side, and grab my lightsaber, but I don't activate it. I know they're here, but they're hiding.

"Ventress!" I call, stepping into the middle of the clearing, "I know you're here!"