Chapter Four

I arrive at the cafeteria to find my master there and on time for once, which really does make a change. Anakin on time isn't something you see everyday.

I collect a piece of fruit and make my way towards him, weaving in and out of people who look as if they've been awake for ages. - I think Anakin is one of them. When I do eventually arrive, I swing my legs over the bench, crossing them as I sit done. Obi Wan sits opposite Anakin, and he nods as a way of greeting when I'm sat down. I smile back. However Anakin is talking about which speeders he likes to use best (again), and explaining why he was late for a recent meeting after taking ages to find a ship he liked.

I'm tempted to roll my eyes, but Obi Wan will probably tell me off and Anakin will most likely be annoyed that he wasn't paying 100% attention to his long lecture on speeders and ships. Annoyed Anakin isn't exactly what I want on my first mission back.

Long after I've finished eating, Anikan is still talking, and Obi Wan is starting to look vaguely fed up; but then saying that, I would too, I don't know how long he's spent with Anikan this morning, but it's been longer than me. In attempt to avoid Anikan feeling as if he were talking to a wall, I occasionally offered my own opinion. Judging by the looks coming in my direction from Obi Wan, my opinions were taking even longer, because Anikan would weigh up the pros and cons of them; so I eventually shut up.

After another ten minutes, his lecture comes to a stop, and Obi Wan suggests that we get going (before Anikan starts again). Anikan starts instructing orders through his comm link - to, by the sounds of it, several different people.

Finally, we actually get to the ship without any further distractions. Obi Wan and Anikan take the pilot's seats, which seems a little odd at first, seeing as it's usually me in Obi Wan's place. But after a little wondering, I come to the conclusion that Obi Wan was just fed up with me slowing down Anikan even more, and just wanted to get everything over and done with. To be honest, I don't blame him.

Anikan says we're going to meet up with Rex and some of his men in the lower levels of Coruscant. Lovely. I think I've had enough time down there to last a life time but I'm not going to say anything. I'll just get it over and done with.

Then I remember Ventress is down here. And, I may have forgotten to do my half of the deal and talk to the Jedi council about her forgiveness. Whoops. I guess I just need to make sure I'm never without Anikan, Obi Wan or Rex. - No offence to the other clones, but they weren't a problem for Ventress, or come to that, me.

I tap my green bladed lightsaber for reassurance, which two clones kindly, and unexpectedly went and found for me. Unfortunately, my yellow bladed one was nowhere to be seen. I was planning to find another crystal after this mission so I could replace it.

After a short journey, Anikan and Obi Wan land the ship, and we go outside to meet the clones and Captain Rex. They all stand at attention except for Rex, who finally seems to have given in to Anikan and doesn't salute every time he sees him. That's one of the reasons I admire Rex- he doesn't give in easily and lasts a lot longer than me when it comes to ignoring or arguing with Anikan Skywalker and his many requests.

I smile at Rex and he smiles back, nodding to me. Then the two Jedi masters start debating about lookouts and positions while I stand beside Anikan and study my surroundings.

We aren't really in the lower levels yet, just on a landing platform with a couple of speeders and a few Clone ships. It seems busy enough around the lower levels, with the usual drunk alcoholics drinking, smoking and betting their lives away and the many people leaning against walls wearing hooded capes like I did.

But one of those stands out slightly to me. A light blue hooded figure is turned towards us, watching us. But I have this feeling they're looking at me, and that I should be wary of them and stay away. I wonder if it's Ventress for a moment, but, I realise it can't be, because this person is shorter than her.

I dismiss it for the moment, turning back to the conversation between the two Jedi and the clone.