Chapter Seventeen

*Ahsoka's POV*

After speaking with the Jedi council, I was left alone with Anakin. The Jedi council wanted to know about my attacker, after discovering the lightsaber marks in the flat. I couldn't remember anything.

"Snips, are you sure you can't remember anything?" Anakin's voice brings me back to reality.

"I'm sure. The last thing I remember is jumping through the window and into the flat. The next thing I know? I'm here," I explain to Anakin, warily, for the hundredth time.

"So I know more than you?" Anakin ask me, his eyebrows raised.

"Uh huh,"

"So, you fell from the tenth floor balcony, to the floor, well almost, because I caught you using the force. But how come you were up there, when the criminal we were after was running past me at the time?" Anakin folds his arms, frowning at the floor.

"How do you know I was on the tenth floor, were you waiting outside the whole time?" I ask Skyguy, slightly amused.

"Well you were above the ninth floor, and there wasn't a eleventh floor. I saw you, as I came around the corner on my speeder, thankfully, at ground level,"

"Nice catch. It was so nice of you to sort of catch me, Master," I smirk at him.

"Hey, you try catching someone unconscious falling ten floors while driving a speeder with one hand, and an activated lightsaber in the other, one day will you Snips?" He responds sarcastically, and I laugh at him.

"What were you doing with an activated lightsaber, anyway?" I ask confused.

"Well, I saw the criminal first, and you were nowhere in sight, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Oh, and you were right, they did have a lightsaber, it was a small shoto lightsaber, the same style as your old one, in fact," Anakin tells me, thoughtfully. But before I can answer, I feel two people enter the room through the force.

"Master Skywalker, I've brought Lux Bonteri to us and he has agreed to accept help. Are you still planning to join him?" I recognise Padme Amidala's voice immediately and I grin, before I register what she has just said. I think Skyguy must have forgotten to tell me something. What is Lux doing here?

"Yeah, we're still doing it," only now do I realise how tired he sounds. I frown at his back. I should remind him later that he has the right to rest.

"Ahsoka! How are you?" Padme moves around Anakin to greet me, squeezing my unharmed hand gently as a way of either reassurance or greeting. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Lux studying me, I ignore him, concentrating on Padme.

"I'm getting better thanks," I tell her, smiling warmly.

"That's good. Do you know anymore yet?" Padme steps back, addressing both me and Anakin. I begin to open my mouth to answer, but Anakin gets there first.

"No," Anakin states before I can start to speak, "We don't know anything, and I know more about it than Ahsoka does, even though I wasn't there,"

I immediately feel myself blush with embarrassment and look away. I realise Anakin is stressed, but he doesn't have to be like that! It doesn't often happen, but I feel hurt by what he said. Not to mention it was blunt and he said it as if I wasn't right next to him.

I can feel Lux frowning at me, he obviously doesn't know what's going on. I think Padme is probably a bit shocked, because she hasn't responded. And Anakin? I don't even think he's aware of the situation he's just created.

Suddenly his commlink beeps and he answers it. I'm still looking steadily away from everyone. Rex's voice informs Anakin that Obi Wan wants him, and then the next thing I know, the door opens and Skyguy has gone.

He sure knows how to create awkward situations.

"Uhhh...ummm...Ahsoka? Is it all right if I come back later?" Padme's voice shatters the silence, and I nod stiffly. Her footsteps get fainter and fainter until I can't hear them anymore. Then I feel the end of the bed lower slightly, and I look up to see Lux sitting on the edge of my bed. I look up further and meet his eyes. He looks at me sternly.

"Tell me everything," he says, and I do. I tell Lux about the warehouse bombing, the Mandalorian armour and the criminal with the lightsaber who wears it. I tell him about being shot and chasing them, about falling from the tenth floor unconscious, and about the lightsaber marks in the flat. I even tell him about the things that don't matter, like the man who attacked me and Anakin's crazy driving. I even tell him about Anakin's failed attempt to catch me with his hands full. Then, at long last, I come to a halt. Then:

"How do they know they weren't your lightsaber slashes in the flat?"

"Well, they think the enemy must have had two lightsabers, because every mark is in a pair of parallel slashes. And they could sense the dark side of the force there," I explain to Lux carefully.

"And, uh, did you know, Anakin ever find the shortcut?" Lux asks me, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Why?" I ask him, suspiciously.

"No reason. I'm just...curious," he says, tentatively.

"Hmm..." I say, because I'm not sure if I believe him or not, "I don't know. He didn't tell me and I didn't ask,"

"Oh. Well, in that case, it's doesn't really matter," Lux tells me, "So are you all right now?"

"Uh huh. I'm better. Apart from the fact my left arm is killing me. I just get lonely in here, when I don't have visitors. I'm used to following SkyGuy everywhere, I'm not usually by myself," I say truthfully.

"Well don't worry. I'll visit you everyday," Lux grins at me. Then, before I can register what's happening, he has leaned over and kissed me.

Author's note:

That last bit was for ShanSWfan, who appears to be a bit obsessed with Luxsoka, and lets everyone know it in the comments! :-)