Chapter 15

Adam

His heart was thumping rapidly in his chest as he parked the car.

He got out and made his way to the entrance but stopped once he saw Farida at the gate.

He almost ran to her, walking in large quick strides.

He immediate embraced her in a hug once he was in front of her.

He was so scared for her. He held her tightly to his chest and after a while she returned the hug. Holding him just as
tight.

Then Adam let her go and started inspecting her face."Are you okay? Did something happen?"

He asked frantically as he searched for any injuries but when he saw none he sighed in relief.

"I'm okay." She whispered softly and Adam looked back at her.

For the first time looking deeply into her eyes is nice he got here.

They were blank. Empty.

Adam gasped. He hated seeing her like that.

He hated it.

"What happened?" Adam asked.

"Nothing. I'm okay. It's just I need you to take me somewhere." She replied softly looking away almost embarrassed.

"Oh baby. You had me so scared. Are you sure you're okay? You were crying." Adam said loving how she blushed when he called her baby.

"I-I'm fine. Alhamudlilah." She said rigidly. Her eyes still not showing any emotion.

They were empty of anything like they were somewhere else. Seeing something else.

He kissed her forehead softly before putting his on hers.

"Alhamdulilah. Alhamdulilah." He mumbled. "Come. Let me take you."

He held her hand in his tightly.

He didn't know what was this emotion that suddenly went through him. But he wanted her close to him. Never letting go.

He wanted to break every bone of every person that ever hurt her. The urge of protecting her was so strong.

Strangely he was also breaking too. Unconsciously.

He was breaking every promise he has given to himself. Every vow of not caring for her. Of not loving her.

She was slowly breaking his walls. He just hoped that he had the same affect at least.

"Where to?" He asked once they were in the car.

She fumbled with her fingers as Adam stared at her cheeks that were streak with tears. Her eyes red and puffy.

"To the masjid, please." She muttered softly averting her attention to the window.

She spoke so low, like it was hurting her to speak.

And maybe it was. So Adam kept quite no matter how curious he was. He won't speak now or ask any questions.

They rode silently.

And once they reached there Farida said her salams and was immediately out.

Adam stared at her empty space. Clenching his hand on the steering wheel.

His beautiful wife. He will admit to himself that he didn't hate her now or disliked. Which is a huge progress.

Yusuf's words came to his mind. How he was afraid of letting Lucy go. How he feels guilty. How he should open his heart.