Chapter 13

Adam

"Don't dare to come near me." Farida mumbled and stepped further away.

"Too late." Adam exclaimed and jumped on her.

"Ahh" she screamed and giggled at the same time.

When Adam was done hugging her, she looked like she stepped into a pool full of flour.

"Go away." Farida struggled against him. Fighting to laugh and cry at the same time.

"You started it." Adam laughed aloud and continued tickling his wife.

When he stepped away. She was covered in flour from head to toe.

The whole kitchen was a disaster. They have been trying to cook lunch for the past three hours all with failed attempt.

They both were terrible cooks.

Which was ironic of course with Adam being the CEO of a chain of restaurants. And Farida being trained her whole life to be a perfect wife.

They have had tried everything. They tried from make just simple rice with chicken to just bake a cake. All in which ended In failed attempt.

"This is not working." Farida let out as she tried to brush all the flour off of her, but only ending up coughing from the mess.

Adam didn't look any better, his hair already all white.

"I know." Adam sighed and tossed the cooking book aside.

Those books tell you nothing.

They have been trying recipe after recipe but all in failed attempts. None working and leaving their kitchen looking more than horrible.

"Aren't you the CEO of a restaurant chain? Why can't you cook?!" Farida suddenly snapped and threw her hands into the air.

"Don't put that card on me, aren't you my wife? Why can't you cook?" Adam replied glaring at her.

"I asked first!" Farida exclaimed.

"Doesn't matter." Adam said fiercely.

"Look I have at least tried but it's just isn't in my genes. How am I supposed to know that someone who owns a restaurant chain can't even cook? Isn't it your job?" Farida said furiously.

"I thought you have been doing everything a perfect wife can do? Why can't you cook? Just tell me one good reason." Adam glared harder.

"I have learnt everything but cooking. Because every time this happens." Farida pointed to their surroundings. "And I was happy thinking I was marrying a man that can cook. Guess I was wrong."

"And I was happy thinking I would be marrying a perfect little wife. Guess I was even more wrong." He spat back.

"Look you little piece of watermelon. I am perfect the way I am. You are the one who is supposed to know how to cook. Because you are the one who has damn restaurants!" She pointed a finger at his chest.

"Will you stop bringing up that stupid restaurant card. I may be a CEO but I have cooks and chefs for a reason. They are the one who cook not me!" Adam replied getting closer to her.

"Oh so you do what? Sit your butt on your office chair and order people around?" Farida scoffed.

"No I come up with new recipes and I am the one who runs the business." Adam says breathing harder from his anger.

This woman could play with his nerves like no other.

"Oh for the love of Allah. Just admit that you have failed at cooking and you suck at something you should know best because of your job." Farida glared at him her face red from all the anger.