Chapter 18

Adam

He changed into his sweats when he finally heard the shower stop.

He had been waiting for her to finish, she has been there for so long. He debated on whether he should knock to see if she was okay.

At first he didn't want to change and that he would wait for her but when she took too long he decided it would be better if he changed.

He put his shirt on and waited, sitting on the bed. He needed to talk to her about somethings.

It was Lucy's death memorial last month and he has been contemplating on things ever since.

He wanted to tell Farida everything has ever happened to him, he really did. He felt so guilty for giving her the cold shoulder for the last couple of months.

He wasn't sure how to apologize or how to come clean but now with this.

He visited Lucy's grave in America a few weeks ago. He met up with his friends as well. Most importantly Hassan. His old Friend from high school.

And you could say that he brought some senses back to Adam. Adam told him about how he has been and how he got married. He also told him about his confusing feelings and his fight with Farida.

Hassan had been so happy about his marriage. He knew how hard Adam took the death of Lucy.

But when he told Hassan that he didn't know what to do about Farida, Hassan had told Adam to just say the truth. Tell her who really Lucy is.

Adam had protested back then. He thought that Hassan should know better, after all he was there when Adam lost Lucy.

He had been next to Adam the whole time.

But in a way Adam knew that Hassan was right. He should tell Farida about everything.

So now after a long conversation with Hassan and a lot of thinking he decided to tell her what happened to Lucy. He decided to tell Farida who Lucy really was.

The bathroom door opened, bringing Adam out of his thoughts.

Farida came out, wearing her pajamas as she tried to dry her wet hair with her towel.

Adam noticed she never really blow dried it.

But he liked it that way. He enjoyed the small natural waves, he missed running his hand through Farida's silk her whenever she took naps on his lap.

He gave a hesitant smile when Farida's eyes met his but again he was met with the same empty eyes that he has seen for the last two months.

But this time there were tears at the corner of it, and she looked worn out.

Adam's heart swelled at the sight.

"Assalam w alaylakum." He whispered slowly and stood up.

Farida's gave him her narrowed eyes in response. "Walaykum assalam."

"Are you okay?" Adam couldn't stop himself before asking.

Farida's eyes widened at the question and somehow she had the right to be surprised because this was the first proper question they have told each other since their fight.

They had said their salaams before and how their works has been but never about each other.

Even though it hurt Adam to know how truly careless they have been towards each other.

When Farida's lips wavered and her eyes looked down Adam knew there definitely was something bothering her.

Without thinking he started to walk towards her.