Chapter 5

"I don't want you to leave!" he laughed, "it was so much fun to hang out." I nodded and hugged him, "I know. It was such a great day". We laughed so freaking much today, my stomach was hurting like crazy. We grabbed dinner together right after he taught me how to ride a segway. He told me all the funny stories of him falling off it when he tried to ride one for the very first time, "I remember that day like it was yesterday" he chuckled, "Right after my first concert in Atlanta, Fredo, a friend of mine got me a segway. I thought it was the coolest and easiest thing ever" we couldn't stop laughing. "I stepped on it but fell right away because I couldn't find any balance. I probably looked like a drunk seven year old boy" I never laughed so damn hard in my life before. It felt great to talk about life with him. He was so kind to me, in every way. I didn't expect this day to turn out like it did; everything was just so relaxing and easy going.
_____
It was already 11:30 pm and I felt more than tired, just exhausted. I changed into a sweater at Justin's because it got pretty cold outside. "We should totally do this more often. I hate hanging out at my mom's at the moment" I said. To be honest, I didn't want to leave Justin either because I absolutely hated being alone. He followed me to my car to say goodbye once again. Justin opened his arms with a huge smile on his face, "C'mere" "Thanks for the amazing day. It was refreshing" I said in his chest. We hugged tightly. When I say tight, I mean tight. I felt like he needed this hug more than I did. "Are you okay?" I asked. He was silent for some seconds until he nodded slowly, "Yeah.. It's just- uh. I'm just.." He didn't continue. I let go and gave him a confused look, "What's wrong?". I didn't get what was going on, I mean he was so happy just a minute ago. "Ken, you're about to leave. I just can't tell you outside. It would take a minute, you know" he tried to explain. "But you can tell me inside, can't you?" I smiled and locked my car again to go back inside with him. I guess he truly needed someone to talk to and I wanted to be there for him because he was more than kind to me, he was the one who invited me and I wouldn't ever regret coming over. I could tell he was a little surprised that I'd stay with him for another while but he was somehow relieved, that was for sure. I didn't have plans tonight anyways so why not staying here and listening to Justin who didn't seem to be okay. He took out his keys again and unlocked the backdoor of his house so we wouldn't be seen by anyone. Well, there weren't that many paparazzi around this time anyway.
"Uhm let's go upstairs, we can sit on the balcony or in the living room, you choose" he said. "I'd say balcony because it's nicer but I'm freezing" I explained while we walked up the stairs. "Don't worry, I do have some blankets. Just like every normal person in this whole wide world" he joked, we both laughed. I was so happy that his mood wasn't too serious anymore. It just made me feel way better. Justin grabbed two blankets from the living room and joined me on the balcony. He handed me one of them over and sat down on the bench across, smiling at me. "So?" I started, sending a smile back to him. "Right. Uh- There's literally so much going on at the moment. I just can't" he paused while looking on the ground, "there's seriously so much pressure on me Ken" his voice cracked. I couldn't even understand his last few words. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, Jus" I said and switched over to his side. He nodded, "But I do. It's just too much. I can't handle all this" I could tell he was about to cry, he just didn't want to in front of me. "You know, I feel like everything I do is not good enough, Kendall" his voice got quieter by every single second. I put my hand on his right shoulder simply because I didn't know what to do instead, "What do you mean exactly?". Gosh, I felt so sorry for him. I've never seen someone being this dissapointed. "I was told a lot recently that I don't put enough effort into my job" He swallowed, "Into my music." His eyes were filled with tears. I couldn't do anything but rubbing his back. "My family isn't supporting me. My dad doesn't seem to.. Uh- he just" he paused again. "It's okay. I'm here Justin" I knew exactly how he was feeling. Just disappointed in himself and in the people around him. This feeling seemed so similar to me. "He doesn't care Ken" he whispered, a tear rolled down his cheek. "I'm sorry" I whispered. That was the only thing I could say, but I still didn't stop rubbing his back. "Do you know Scooter, my Manager?" Justin looked up to me for the first time in awhile, his eyes still filled with tears. "I've heard his name before" I told him. "Well, he texted me earlier. When you were about to leave." He continued. I nodded understandably, "What did he say?". "He told me I had to cancel everything. Every upcoming event. I asked why but he didn't reply" his voice cracked again. "He doesn't answer his phone. Nothing. Basically, I don't even know how I'm supposed to tell everyone out there" I hugged him, "I'm so so sorry Justin". He didn't let go, "Don't be" he whispered. I admired him so much for opening up to me even though we barely knew each other. It didn't feel like it though, it already was like we knew each other for ages. "Thank you for telling me. I know it's hard" I added while slowly letting him go. I just needed to tell him. "Thank you, Ken. For listening". "Anytime" I said. Justin smiled a little and made eye contact with me once again. "You know," he didn't stop looking at me as he continued, "sometimes I overthink too much. I hate being weak." Overthinking. Something I was familiar with too.
I shook my head, "Justin, you're not being weak. You know what?" I paused, "It's okay to talk about stuff. It's totally fine to open up. You just have to feel comfortable with the person you're talking to" I whispered. Justin nodded, "I am seriously so comfortable talking to you Ken"
___________________________
Note: wow. Things are getting cuute. Anyways, I teared up a little while I wrote this chapter because I totally pictured Justin and Kendall talking to each other about such personal things.

There's a lot to come. (Don't think that things are staying that calm lol)

Thanks for reading.
Also, this note is getting too long.
Feel free to vote or leave a comment XX

You can stalk me if you want to 😝:
Twitter: @JBIZZLESAVON
IG: @avonsbabey