Jeremiah came up on stage and tried to calm me down, he grabbed my shoulder and squeezed hard to help me clear my mind and gain control of my whirling emotions.

"Our Alpha is correct, Mavis is our future Luna, and as such, she deserves the utmost respect from us all." Jeremiah searched every pack mates face for signs of rebellion or disgust. Most stayed silent and kept their anger contained.

"Those who do not like my decision may leave the pack and become rogue, otherwise, you will listen to your alpha and learn to adapt to these new ways of life." I looked out into the crowd and six members, including my third in command Cole, left out the gymnasium without even a second glance black.

I turned towards Jeremiah and called out to Alec from the crowd. He was a childhood friend and was like another brother to me. He was someone I trusted very much and could depend on.

"What's up Alpha Jake?" He questioned as he approached me from the side of the stage.

"Alec I trust you explicitly and would like you to become my new third in command." I gripped his shoulder and looked into his eyes.

There was complete shock and pride hidden behind their depths. "I would be honored Alpha." I could tell when he felt the transfer of power enter his body as he accepted his new title.

The pack cheered for their new Third in command and I looked out to see Christopher and several of the ones who had spoken out leave the gymnasium. I didn't see Mavis's Parents anywhere, but I did see my parents. The looks of pride and love on their faces gave me the courage to move forward with my redevelopment plans.

Since then I have doubled the patrol and picked up on the training. Christopher and his gang have been getting along fine and I notice no other major problems. The pack learned to adapt with the new changes and are better off for it. Everyone seems much happier and I have made sure that the ranking system doesn't outright prejudice against gender or birth. No person deserves to be punished and abused because of how they're born or perceived. I just wish that Mavis could see all the changes within the pack and come back to me soon.

Mark has been great at taking care of Mavis and I thank him and the Goddess that he was able to at least save her life in time. It hurts not being able to see her beautiful smile or hear her twinkling laugh when she's enjoying life to the fullest. I can just remember how she looked at me with such trust. I want to earn that back and be a true mate for her.

I go over our last conversation every day since I lost her. I've tried to cope with the pain and I'm almost thankful for it. It reminds me of the wrongs I have made throughout my life and what I have to do to make up for it all.

"Hey Jake, what you up to?" Jeremiah yelled, running over from the training grounds.

I shook my head and smiled at him, "I just finished volunteering at the pack nursery, what's up?" 

Jeremiah frowned and looked down before meeting my eyes again, "Any changes with Mavis's condition yet?"

I shook my head and looked up to the sky. It was beautiful outside, the sky was a mixture of blue, purple and pink, and the sun was about to set.

I couldn't help but wish that Mavis was able to see this with me.. I hate how she wasn't privileged with the ability to see everything around her, but I don't think any less of her for being blind. I actually find Mavis to be quite strong to have dealt with all the mistreatment handed to her over the years, as well as coping all her life with her blindness.

If only I could tell her that to her face, maybe she would give me another shot at being with her. Uhh.

"Nothing so far, doc says her vitals are stable and her body has healed as best as it can, but besides that there appears to be no apparent brain activity nor any signs of her waking up anytime soon."

Jeremiah came over and gave me as quick pat on the back, apologizing for asking.
It's not like it was his fault or anything. I just hope that Mavis would wake up soon and that she would be okay. I couldn't bare the thought of her dying.

Alpha!!...
What seems to be the matter  Jackson?
Rogue sighting on the eastern border!
Call the pack warriors I'm on my way.

"Jeremiah, rogue sighting on the eastern border.."

"Let's go then."

We both quickly ran towards the woods and shifted mid-run. Our clothes ripped and I became my tall, ebony-colored wolf with black eyes and big physique. Jeremiah changed into a blood- red wolf a couple inches smaller then me, but just as muscular and strong as my own wolf.

We quickly sped past groves of trees and met up with the rest of the border patrol.  "What's up Michael? Jackson? We spotted several rogues encroaching on the territory, they seemed to be searching for something when we came upon them. About three tried to head towards the pack house, but we stopped them in their tracks."

I made a mental note of the info and scouted my surroundings. At least twenty rogues stood about a hundred feet away from where we were, one wolf in particular stood out.

"It's you!!..." I growled, prepared to pounce and rip out their throat.

Hope you liked this chapter and I'll be sure to update by the end of next week for sure.