I grab his hand and when he's least expecting it i pull him to the ground.

"Ow!" He says grabbing his shoulder while i laugh hysterically. "You deserved it." I say truthfully. "I guess so." He agrees.

We walk back to the others, shoving each other. I fell over at one stage but i tripped him over so it's all good. We finally get back to the others, staring at us.

"You okay?" Josh asks. I nod and sit down next to Farkle.

"Do you guys want ice cream?" Maya asks. We all nod excitedly and run to the ice cream truck.

I run really fast and check behind me if anyone is there.

I take a deep breathe and turn to my side while running. I do a cart wheel and then a back hand spring. I thought I couldn't do that anymore. Oh well.

I face up and I'm already at the truck. Everybody else is gasping for air after me.

"What was that?" Lucas asks as he catches his breath. "What was what?" I ask obliviously. "Your cart wheeling thing." Farkle asks. I shrug, "just something I learnt when i was on the cheer squad." I reply.

When i had nothing to do and while Maya and Farkle ditched me, i decided to fill in for a cheerleader. They were opening spots because some cheerleaders broke their arms and legs. I surprisingly got a spot but had to leave since i was just a substitute.

Everyone's still in shock but I don't know why. I know other tricks like that too.

"what are you guys getting?" I ask. Everyone tells me there orders and line up. "Riley, what are you having?" Lucas asks. "Chocolate with sprinkles." I reply.

It's my turn to order and i tell the guy what i want. "That'll be $3.50." The guys says and i realise that i forget my money. "Crap." I mutter under my breath.

"Here you go, sir." Lucas says giving him money. I glare at him, "you didn't have to do that you know." I say taking my ice cream. "It's the least i can do." He says kindly licking his vanilla ice cream.

We sit back down and that's when the sun starts to come down. There's a beautiful sunset. I see maya and Josh cuddling together and Farkle and Smackle sitting together and holding hands.

All that's left is me and Lucas. I sit next to him nervously, not knowing what to do.

He speaks up, breaking the awkward yet beautiful silence. "There's a party next week and we're invited as well as Maya and Farkle and stuff." A party? I've never been to a party, nor will i ever want to go to a party.

"I'll pass." I simply say, finishing up the last parts of my ice cream cone. He looks at me and just stares. "What?" I ask. "You've never been to a party." He states. "How did you know that? I didn't even say anything." I say laughing a bit. Weird.

"Knowing you, i just assumed." He said. It's not till now when i finally realise his abs. Like wow. How could i have missed that? I avoid staring and turn the other way and blush. Has he been looking at me too? Probably not.

"Just go. Maya would want you too. And it would be good publicity." He says. True. I bite my lip and meet his gaze. I think about it.

"Sure, might as well get this over and done with." I sigh. And he grins, knowing that he had won this time.

"Im gonna go change into my other clothes." I say as i brush the excess sand off of me. He nods as i stand up and so does he but I don't know why. I smile quietly, forgetting why i hate him in the first place.

I turn away to the car when he grabs my wrist.

"Be careful though." He says nicely. I grin, "aren't i always?" I ask. He chuckles. "I think the word for how you usually are is reckless." I roll my eyes and he let's go of his grip. I poke my tongue out at him before i leave.

+++

I came from the change rooms with the clothes i wore before, feeling a bit warmer. I see everyone wearing different clothes. They must of went to a different change room

"There you are, what took you so long?" Lucas asks. It makes me feel different that he's the only one curious. "I went to a change room a bit far away." I said sitting down next to the others. He nods.

It's getting a bit dark so we decide to head back home. It was a good day today. Better than i usually have. My friends actually wanted to hang out with me.
//

Lucas drops me off last since my house is furthest away.

"Still scared of walking alone? You seem confident." He asks. I'm surprised he even remembered. "No, no I'm still scared. But once you've faced a fear, it doesn't mean it's gone." I say. I sound intellectual.

"I guess you're right, for once." He adds. I scoff. "Thanks ranger rick." I say as i pick up Maya's nicknames for Lucas.

He rolls his eyes and we arrive at my house. He gets out of the car and walks me to my door. He's being strangely nice to me.

I ring the bell and hope for someone to hurry up and get the door. The silence is so weird is makes me cringe.

The door finally shoots open, startling me and Lucas.

"You!" My dad shouts at Lucas. Lucas quickly responds, "me!"

My dad gives Lucas a deathly glare. "I know you two are dating." My dad states. I bite my lip and have an embarrassed face. "We were gonna tell you..." I start but before i could finish my dad butts in.

"Don't you think you're bit too much of jerk for my little girl?" My dad spits. I've never seen him so angered.

Lucas scoffs. "She's not your little anything." My dad's enraged now. He's basically got smoke coming out of his ears. He doesn't react though, Just gives him a death stare.

I break the awkward tension. "Okay, thank you Lucas. See you at school." I say and give him a friendly hug. At first he stiffens but then Hugs back, holding my waist.

We let go and i go inside, waving Lucas off.

I set my things on the couch and then turn to my dad.

"What was that?!" I shout from the top of my lungs. My dad shudders. "You know how i get with boys!" He shouts back.

"Dad, i can protect myself!" I say and storm off to my bedroom, not saying another word.
//

I brush my hair and take a shower to rinse off the beach scent. I decide to eat dinner in my room. I don't want to confront my dad. I sent Auggie to get me some food.

"Riley!" Auggie calls. He's 8 now. I open the door to see a bowl of coco pops. "Mom would get suspicious." He adds. I giggle a little and ruffle his curly hair and thank him.

I eat my coco pops in silent and then think about what Lucas said.

"She's not your little anything."

Wow. His acting is on point. I'm totally buying his kindness act. It's not that he actually cares about me. Or does he?

I then think about the party. I don't really want to go but it's a new experience. I just don't want to see alcohol everywhere and people nearly dying.

I'm not going to drink. I never have and never will. I've never even touched alcohol. Maya will probably get drunk so might as well be there for her. Underage drinking is something she'll probably get in trouble for.
+++

Not proof read but i hope you like the chapter xoxo