Chapter 8

"Babe I didn't expect you to be home early," Tobin said as she walked into their little home with some groceries.

"Surprise!" Alex giggled, hopping off of the couch. "I was wondering where you went." She walked over, giving Tobin a quick peck before helping her with the bags.

The two were very much enjoying the routine of coming home to each other. It was the best thing to look forward to. No one was there to tell them what to do. They didn't have to control themselves. It was perfect.

"So how was your shoot?" Tobin asked as she searched the bags for the chips she bought.

The forward laughed softly, knowing exactly what Tobin was looking for. "It was good," she replied, tossing the bag of chips at the shorter girl, hitting her back.

"My chips!" she squealed like a child, bending over to pick them up and then hugging them close to her protectively.

"I live with a child," Alex rolled her eyes as she put the rest of their groceries away.

"You're dating a child," Tobin reminded her, grinning.

"Definitely not a child in bed," the younger girl smirked, making her girlfriend blush furiously.

"Shut up," Tobin whined, pouting as she opened the new bag of chips.

They settled down on the couch, deciding to watch a game going on in Europe, Alex's head in Tobin's lap. One of Tobin's hands was reaching in and out of the bag of chips while the other stroked the brunette's hair gently.

"You'll never guess who I ran into today," the younger girl said casually, her eyes still glued onto the TV, watching the game.

"Who?" Tobin asked as she swallowed a mouthful of crumbs.

"Servando." Her eyes didn't leave the screen.

The midfielder's hand faltered as she stroked Alex's hair as the other froze in the bag of chips. "Oh.." She didn't dare look down. "Was it awkward?"

"Actually, not really," Alex admitted, looking up at Tobin who was pretending to be concentrated on the game, but she knew better. "I invited him to go out to lunch with us tomorrow."

Tobin's eyes immediately met Alex's. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Aw come on Tobs," she sighed taking Tobin's hand and tracing patterns on it lightly. "You two were friends at one point, remember?"

This caused the midfielder to frown. "Babe, I wasn't really friends with him. I just tried to get along with him because he made you happy."

Alex raised an eyebrow at Tobin. "So how long have you felt something for me, Heath?"

"Longer than we both know," Tobin chuckled softly, shrugging. It was the truth. "Wait, did you tell him about this?" Tobin's mind began turning at the possibility someone besides the two of them knew. Crap if he knows, only God knows what he's capable of. Tobin thought to herself.

"No!" Alex's eyes widened as she quickly answered the question. "No no no, I didn't tell him. I wouldn't say anything unless you were comfortable with it."

The older girl let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, good. But I don't want to go to lunch with him," she frowned.

"Please baby," Alex pouted, resting her forehead against Tobin's. "for me?"

Tobin sighed, knowing that Alex knew damn well she couldn't say no when the girl's bottom lip was sticking out and those mesmerizing blue eyes that maybe looked a little more gray today. "Okay, I'll come to lunch."