Understanding

Yeah...as it turned out we weren't going to a battleship. In mid flight, The C-130 had to turn around because the USS Texas, which was an old, WW2 ship that had just been through a 2 billion restoration program, experienced a short in it's nuclear reactor, Jace said the mechanics that had contacted him said that it would be at least a week before the crippled ship was sea worthy once again. Once the 130 touched down on the runway at 51, Jace was there to meet us. He had ditched the tuxedo for torn shorts and a white shirt as well as sunglasses, His red Evo was idling on the runway underneath one of the wings with John's Venom right next to it.

"Sorry about that guys", he said, "I wasn't aware of the Texas's mechanical failure."

"No sweat", Raider said, "we can kill a week on base."

Jace smiled and hopped into his car and then he and John raced away from the jet as it lifted off.

"Well...that was a nice...half hour flight", Kachira sighed.

Vortex started walking towards the armory, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to sit on my lazy ass for the week in it's entirety."

"You do that" Val said, "I'm hitting the course."

Everyone began to split off from the main team, leaving just me, the Twins and Sorra.

"Well looks like we have a week off", Navi said, "so what you guys wanna do?"

"Relax", I said slinging my Dragonov over my back, "I don't know about you guys, but I've been on my feet almost constantly for two years, and I just recovered from a near death experience, so I'm taking my relaxation periods where I may."

"I'll take that with you", Sorra said shouldering her M4. She and I started walking back to the base and Ivan and Navi followed us. We left our gear in the armory and then went back to the barracks. I changed into a button up white shirt and blue shorts, hung my tags around my neck and decided just to go barefoot. Sorra had a tank top and some denim shorts on that had a cool looking water decal. I guessed she noticed I was starring because she smiled at me and said.

"Why are you staring?"

I felt my cheeks get red with embarrassment, "I wasn't starring."

She smiled, walked up and kissed my cheek, my tail swished anxiously behind me. Man was she hot!

"If you have a crush on me", she smiled, "I'd be fine with that."

"I don't have a crush on you", I said with a toothy grin.

"Then why is your tail swishing like that?", she asked placing her hands on her hips.

I felt my face set on fire by embarrassment as I took hold of my tail.

"Ugh", I said anxiously.

"Renny", Sorra said putting her arms around my neck, "you are horrible at hiding crushes."

"I don't have a crush", I insisted as my tail started to sway again,.

"Mmm", Sorra said pulling me close to her, "I'm not sure I believe you, and you know why?"

"I'll bite", I said, trying to find a way to weasel out of this, "why?"

She kissed me again, between my eyes this time, "because I think your hot, and you feel the same way about me."

Aw man, I couldn't deny that, if I did it would make me look like the biggest jerk in the universe, and certainly ruin any chances I had with her in the future, if my lying through my teeth wasn't doing that at this very moment. Sorra brushed the crest away from my eyes and looked into them. She kept contact for about two seconds before pulling me into a kiss. She held me there for so long I felt like I was melting. Oh lord, I wasn't quite ready for this, but was I enjoying it? You'd better believe I was!