New Friends

Inside it was just like this morning. Jace, John, Raider, Helios and Kachira were all at the same table, they seemed otherwise preoccupied, so I left them alone, finding an empty table to sit at. The air inside the hanger was freezing cold, or at least it felt that way, nothing to do now but wait. I put my arms on the table and lay my head on them. I ached all over and to be honest, I wondered what was going to go down tomorrow when the real started. I closed my eyes. I had been sitting there for maybe two minutes when I felt a paw on my shoulder. I looked up to see a female Anthro who was about my size.

She was pure white, like completely. She had gold scales on her neck, chest and underbelly and light blue markings that swirled around her eyes and her horns where the same color as her chest. She had a sweet, gentle look on her face and if I was honest with myself, she was very pretty.

"Hey", she asked, "what are you doing sitting here by yourself."

"Just tired", I replied.

"You wanna come sit with me and my friends?", she asked.

"Sure", I replied.

I stood up and followed her to a table in the corner that had four other dragons sitting there. There was one blue one who was defiantly in charge, two some what smaller red ones who looked like they were laid back and one Anthro who looked like he was just falling apart. As we walked over, I could hear a conversation between the Anthro and the big Feral.

"Wait, wait, wait", The feral said smiling, "really?"

"Yep", the Anthro replied, "watching the needle climb is like being in a barrel at the top of Niagara falls. You know something's about to go down, hard."

"How fast was it?", one of the smaller, red Ferals asked, at this point, I assumed they were twins.

"220", the Anthro replied, "Jace and I finally got it set up where it goes when he wants it to."

"It runs?", the Anthro with me asked as we sat down.

"Finally", the male replied, "25 days and one broken arm later, "whose this guy Sorra?"

"Ren", I replied.

"I heard about you", the male Anthro replied, "everyone is wondering how you managed to pull through."

"Luck", I replied.

"Lots of it", the Anthro replied, "my name's Syren by the way.

Syren looked like he was about seven feet tall, but might have been taller. He was crimson red with a gold neck, chest and tail scales while his horns were a dark grey color. His green eyes glowed like chem lights and he had scales peeling off here and there. There was a bandage on his neck and the right sleeve on his jean jacket had been rolled up to accommodate a cast on his arm.

"Busted your arm?", I asked.

"Yeah", he replied, "my bones brake easy."

"Why?", I asked.

"It's how his body reacted to the chemicals in the transformation process", the blue Feral answered, "His DNA mixed very poorly with the X-45 and R-50, as well as the bonding agents. It still turned him, but the bonds are slowly braking apart."

I just looked at him.

"In English it means he's literally falling apart on a genetic level", the Feral said.

Syren sighed, "just like an old car."

"That's rough brother", I replied.

"Yeah", he said, "think I still got a ways to go though. Also, these are the twins Ivan and Navi."