26//A Visit From the Demon

Start from the beginning

His arms wrapped around me for a hug. I sighed.

"Can I please go to Stacy's house? I have to make sure she's okay."

"For what?" Donovan groaned.

"Well, she broke up with her boyfriend a long time ago and she hasn't been too fond of the break-up. I promise, I'll be right back."

"You better." Donovan sighed.

"Really?! You'll let me go?"

"Yeah, yeah, but you better answer your phone if I call."

"I will. I'll be back!"

I kissed his cheek which kind of surprised him.

"I don't think so." He said, pulling me back. "Did you really think you could pull off an innocent kiss like that?"

"Donovan!" I whined. "Don't fucking start."

"Give me a real kiss." He smirked.

"Ugh!" I gave him a pec and walked away really quickly.

"You are going to regret that." Donovan said in a deadly voice. Nervous shivers went down my spine as I walked out of the house. Hopefully he's just kidding...

///

I knocked on Stacy's apartment door and waited patiently. The door slowly opened, revealing a tired, looking Stacy. Once she saw who it was, she widened her eyes.

"Oh my God, Caira! I thought you were fucking dead. I tried to call you once I saw a car pull over, but Donovan saw me! I'm really sorry!" She said in a rushed tone.

"Honey, it's fine. He didn't seem too mad about it so we are good."

"Oh thank God! Come in!"

She scooted away from the door to let me in. I entered the apartment, instantly going into the living room. I plopped down on the couch along with Stacy.

"So, you guys are good now? What did he say?" She asked, sipping on her powerade.

"Uhm..." I blushed at the memory.

Stacy smirked. "Did he teach your ass a lesson?"

"We just kissed a little... B-But we did not do anything more!"

"I see..." She smiled.

"He just missed me, that's all. I mean, I did leave him for a long time."

"You left him for six days." Stacy corrected.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I sighed. "But enough about me, how are you doing?"

"Just peachy." She shrugged. "I don't think I'll be in a relationship ever again. I need a break, girl."

"I feel you." I agreed. "We all need breaks sometime in our life."

Stacy laughed, remembering she said that to me. "Yeah. Plus, it feels good to be free with no boyfriend to control you."

"You're so lucky." I mocked envy. "I'm married to a man that will keep me forever in his hold."

"Well, at least you won't have to worry about him cheating on you."

"Did Ryan do that to you?" I asked softly.