7//No Exit

A shoutout to @brunellaandrades for voting for my chapters! Thank you boo!

Chapter 7//

It's been at least three weeks and there was still no existence of Donovan. I'm now getting kind of worried, but I tried not to be.

Everyday I just wished it was some kind of joke. Hopefully he'll come back home, still big as a sack of potatoes, and tell me,"Got you! You really thought I was going to go workout? Girl, you must be on crack if you'd really believe I would do some shit like that!"

I called him a couple of times, but he wouldn't answer. First time he answered, he was huffing and puffing saying,"I'm working out right now; I'll call you back," and that was that. But that was a couple of weeks ago. I wonder how he's doing now...

The sudden care for him is really starting to irritate me. I would be doing work, and then, he suddenly pops into my brain. I don't know why he chose to invite himself in my thoughts, but, he was there.

The sudden care for him made me become a brown recluse spider. Stacy would call me and ask if I wanted to hang out, but I sometimes turned down the offers. Those were on my bad, moody days.

But when I'm happy, which is kind of rare now, I kill that spider and hang out with Stacy.

One day, Stacy noticed I've been a little bit off and she asked me what was wrong.

"I don't know... I've been sort of stressed out lately..."

"It's that damn house! You need to get out of that house once in a while! Hiding is becoming your best friend."

"I know, I know, I've been a brown recluse spider these past weeks."

"What do you mean 'brown recluse spider.'"

"Have you ever heard of recluse? Recluse means to stay away from others or isolate. So I'm a brown recluse spider."

"Nice metaphor, Einstein. Now c'mon, lets go shopping!"

I haven't really called or talked to anyone in weeks. I usually shut myself inside this house, away from the outside world and everything else. There was something missing... something that I needed... that I wanted. But I couldn't quite put my finger on what I actually wanted.

And I've been having weird dreams lately. It consists of this guy and girl doing the 'dirty' in this house and I think that's no coincidence. People have said a couple once lived here before and had sex everyday. That's what my dreams are about. The couple.

The guy kind of looked familiar. It's like I've seen him before in a vague way. The girl... she also looks familiar. I don't know; maybe I smoke weed while I'm asleep.

Since I've been staying locked up a lot, I've noticed things about the house that I didn't know before. Like sometimes, when the house's air conditioner is too hot for me, it instantly cools down. Or when I'm having trouble working my computer, the wifi is up and working. Or when I'm not comfortable in my bed, the bed becomes softer. It's like this house helps me a lot in a mysterious way.

"How have you been?" I heard that voice all too well.

"Good." It was a half-lie. I had my good days but sometimes I had my worse days.

"That's good. We really miss you down here... hopefully we can see each other."

"Yeah." I agreed. I was actually starting to miss seeing the stupidity of my mother and of course, my brother Myles.

I got off the phone and typed my essay I was supposed to do for school on the computer. My mother said it was best if I just took online classes instead of going to school. I hardly even remember how it was experiencing high school. All thanks to Donovan. My phone suddenly rung again and I groaned. Not even checking the caller I.D., I flatly said, "What?"

"What a lovely greeting." Checking the caller I.D., I knotted my eyebrows together in confusion. I held the phone to my ear.

"Did you suddenly grow balls?"

I heard his deep, menacing chuckle and I shuddered. Taking a deep breath, I prepared myself for what he said next.

"How have you been?"

What the fuck is up with this man's voice? "Fine."

"Really? Because Stacy just called me and enlightened me on how strange you've been acting." That bitch!

"Ugh; she's probably hit that blunt way too hard. I'm fine, I promise." I've noticed I've been lying a ton lately.

"I know you hate me, but you know you can talk to me, right?" His voice became intenerate and I sighed.

"I know..."

He stayed quiet for a moment before speaking up. "Guess what?"

"Hm?"

"I got a six pack." Oh, fuck me! Oh God, it seems like he actually did worked out! My heart started to beat more faster than comfort that I started worrying Donovan might have heard it on the other line.

"What? That's bullshit!" I said a little bit too shocked and outraged. He laughed, causing me to scowl.

"I know, I'm more shocked than you. I guess it really paid off."

I bit my lip. This can't be fucking real...

"Can you send a picture of the new you?"

"No. I want it to be a surprise. I'm coming home next week... just to add some last touches."

"Okay..."

"I miss you so much." Why the hell did my heart flutter?

"Really?" I blurted out.

"Yeah. I kind of miss that smart mouth of yours." I heard shuffling in the background.

"I guess... I, uhm...miss you, too..."

"Good. Well I guess I'll see you at home, alright?"

"Okay." Oh my lord, I can already see the fucking hoes glare at me while I walk with the new Donovan...
What the fuck am I talking about?! This is serious!

We hung up and I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming. Shit...