A handful of Shadows {Six}

*Henry’s POV*

I fretted, watching him at the other end of the photography room. My happiness was slowly vanishing. Every time he smiled, or grabed my hand, it sparked back to life, the dazzling joy that had fueled me recently. The problem was, when we were apart, I had time to analyse his diffrence.

He’d been so absent lately. A buldge is in my throat looking at him just right now-his outfit… he was wearing sweats. And not cute, spunky sweats like you’d expect. Gray. Dull gray. Nothing in his hair, no make-up on… he was wearing a neutral color for god’s sake!

I wanted to go sit with him, tocuh his soft hair, his addicting skin… I couldn’t. Social standards held me back-our project was over so I couldn’t be seen with him any more. This was last period though. I’d text him and tell him to be home right away. Home… our home. A happy little glow lit up my heart.

I waited out the last of the class, dreading every moment I wasn’t allowed to scoop Ollie up and rub my nose against his. I’m not sure when I’d become so unmanly, but as much as I wanted sex, I wanted other things so much more…. I wanted him to tell me he loved me.

Great-I was apparently bi-polar, because moments ago I was happy, but thinking about how he didn’t love me back yet set me on fire with pain. Of course, I’ve never told him either.. I wasn’t brave enough. He might think I was delusional or something.

But I’d never felt this way before.

The bell rang, and I jumped out of my seat eagerly, ignoring the teacher as he tried to give us tonight’s homework. I dashed to my locker like a giddy little kid, ony to be stopped by Katy, whom I’d stopped sitting with. She was basically naked, lenaing against my locker.

Her boobs hung over the top of her shirt, well her shorts were so tiny I could see half her ass. She smiled at me, a big seductive grin, and I felt genuinely sick. To sooth the feeling I remembered Ollie’s happy little smile, and my disgust went away.

“Hey Henry” she puffed out her chest at me.

My eye’s flickered safely to her face “Hey… can you step aside?”

She pouted but obyed. I stiffened when her fingers wrapped around my upper arm.

“Henry? We never talk any more” she whimpered sulkily.

I closed my eye’s, trying not to feel her hand. “There’s reasons for that…”

She huffs out a big breath “You didn’t believe those stupid rumours, did you?”

I turn to look down at her “What rumours?” she opens her mouth to speak, when I hear a startled intake of breath. I look in that direction and see my little Ollie. At first, all I am is thrilled to see him, my cute little boy! Then I relize how bad this looks… Katy’s hand resting on my arm, our faces turned towards each other…..

“Get out of here fruitcake!” Katy snarls at him.

Ollie seems stunned though. I want to throw up, but more so, I want to cradle him in my arms, explain everything, and kiss him a million apologies. Yes, I have mushy issues, and trust me, I hate it. It’s impossible not to though-he was to adorable. And right now he looked hurt.

“Hey” I say gruffly at her, unable to contain myself “Ollie’s a nice guy. Fuck off, bitch”

I hated her so much right now. I’d always hated her, but now more then ever.

She paled “I was j-just kidding with him Henry, me and Oliver are friend!”

Ollie blinked, shaking himself back to reality. Flipping her off, he stalked down the hall.