A handful of Shadows (BoyxBoy)

Dear Randoms (As in, not my fans) This is a sequel and a boy love story <3 Go read 'A little bit of Light' if your intreasted in reading this <3

*Riley’s POV*

“So, I was like, wondering if maybe, you wanted to go on a date with me?” the girl standing before me was not at all my type. First of all-she was a female. Second, she was an idiot. I’d always liked smart girls when I thought I was straight, and now I liked smart boys.

This girl was an idiot “Sorry Cecelia, I’m gay, remember?” I gave her a softening smile, trying to hold myself back from sneering at her idiocy-I was still popular, I still knew how to play the game. This girl had a lot of friends-I needed all the gay supporters I could get.

She stared at me, uncomprehending “That doesn’t mean you can’t date girls”

If I was a girl, I’d slap her. “Well, yeah, it sort of does…”

“You dated Katy” she points out. Oh my…

“I was in the closet back then. I only like guys Ceclia”

“Ooohh I get it” she gave me a bright smile.

I scratch the back of my head “Right…”

“Will you be my gay best friend though?” She asked, fluttering her eyelashes.

You have no idea how many times I’d gotten that offer “I have a best friend, sorry..”

“Oh… okay. See you around then” she spun and walked away. Ugh.

I wander the school, miserable. Coming to school used to be fun-goofing off in class, getting in trouble with the prinicpal, flirting with girls… now it just sucked. I saw Charlie all the time, the boy who wouldn’t spare five minutes to talk to me, and I saw Katy, the girl who wanted me destroyed.

“Riley, you okay?” Henry asked. Henry who was still my best friend despite my new-found sexuality.

“Meh? Oh, I’m okay I guess..” Talking to Henry when I was as grumpy as I was, was difficult.

He’d become overly cheerful in the last week, without any trace of an explanation. He smiled for no reason, went straight home after school, never complained about anything. It was strange. He’d always been a happy person, but now he seemed almost, in love?

I’d look into it when I had more energy. When I had Charlie, I had all the energy in the world.

*Flash Back*

I laughed, feeling like a small child with Charlie by my side. We’d just seen our first movie together-an informal first date. He was talking way to fast, on rushed dialogue, and I had trouble understanding him, but I didn’t mind. He was as excited as a little boy on Christmas morning.

“Riley! Let’s have a race?!” he suggested, unclamping his ahnd from mine.

“You know I’m faster then you” I tease.

He cocks an eyebrow “Prove it, race me to that street lamp”

“What do I get if I win?” I ask, standing closer to him. He nibbles his bottom lip in thought.

“You can kiss me” he decides. I chuckle-I’ve kissed him quite a bit already.

“What do you get if you win?” I ask, toying with him.

His eye’s sparkle “I can kiss you”

“On your mark, get set, go!” I exclaim, already running.

*Flash back over*

“Riley? Your really zoning out a lot” Henry probes, poking my shoulder.

I shake my head, waking myself up “Yeah, kind of. Not enough sleep I guess…”

“Come on, let’s get to class, you can take a nap there” he smiles, leading the way.

I groan inwardly but follow after him. I’m halfway there when I stop dead, gazing at a sight that makes me feel sick inside and disgusting all over. Quinn, covered in food and garbage, and something that may even be blood. His shoulders are slumped miserably.

I did that to him. I hadn’t wanted to, but I’d wanted to be back on top.

I’d wanted to be popular. To avoid havin that happen to me. And showing that their were worse couple in the school, showing that I was still something to be afraid of, was just the way to do it. No body hassled me. Which made me grateful, because noone hassled Charlie either.

Wait-was that Charlie talking to Quinn? Jealousy boiled inside me.

“Riley…” Henry beckoned from in front of me.

Hearing my name, both Quinn and Charlie’s head’s snapped up. Quinn looked at me with dread, Charlie with suprssed longing. I’m concentrating on Charlie, though I feel strong remorse for what I did to Quinn, and I see in my boys eye’s that he misses me immensely.

I rock on the balls of my feet, bitting down on my tongue. Most of me wanted to run to Charlie, scoop him up, take him to my house and let him know exactly who he belongs to. The rest of me knows that’s an impossible fantasy, and that Charlie probably hates me.

Quinn grabs his arms and guides him away, down the hall. Normall if someone touched Charlie, and then took him away from me, I’d beat the living crap out of them later on in the day. Unfortunately, I already ruined Quinn’s life, Quinn who used to be my friend, and I wouldn’t dream of it.

“Coming?” Henry asks, standing in front of me once again.

I sigh, my head hurting “Yeah, I supose I am…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the first chpater my good little readers *Pats heads*  Tyson and Quinn shall be posted after three or four comments and some speed editting XD <3 The first three chpaters are shortish. Gotta ease into the drama <3